• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

ACF hails Tinubu for authorising CDS’ visit to Niger Republic

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 2, 2024
in National
0
ACF hails Tinubu for authorising CDS’ visit to Niger Republic
0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has lauded President Bola Tinubu for authorising the recent visit to the Republic of Niger by a high-ranking Nigerian military delegation led by Gen.  Christopher Musa, the Chief of Defence Staff.
This is contained  in a statement released on Sunday in Kaduna by Prof . Tanko Muhammad-Baba, the National Publicity Secretary of the ACF.
According to the ACF, the visit signifies a positive shift in the relationship between Nigeria and Niger, which had been strained over the past year.
”The forum views this diplomatic engagement as a crucial step towards restoring the historically close and warm ties between the two West African neighbours.
”The ACF recalls the tension that arose following the military coup in Niger in July 2023,” the ACF said.
According to the statement, in response, the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) suspended Niger’s membership and imposed a series of sanctions, with Nigeria playing a leading role by closing its borders, imposing economic restrictions, cutting off essential supplies, and threatening military intervention.
The ACF said, as the situation evolved, both ECOWAS and Nigeria opted for dialogue with the new Nigerien military regime.
“During this period, Niger forged new alliances with other West African nations such as Burkina Faso, Mali, and Guinea, and withdrew its forces from the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) combating terrorism in Northeast Nigeria”it said .
This, the forum recalled, led to a further deterioration in diplomatic relations between Nigeria and Niger.
 The forum praised Gen. Musa’s bold and patriotic remarks during the visit, describing them as a signal of strength in the pursuit of fraternal African solidarity.
The ACF urged the government and people of Niger to let bygones be bygones and work towards a renewed partnership with Nigeria.
NAN the visit sought to encourage the military junta in charge of Niger Republic to renew ties with countries in the West African bloc, the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, since the bloodless coup in 2023 that led to military takeover of power in the country.

Gen. Musa, and the Chief of Staff of the Nigerien Armed Forces, Gen. Moussa Barmou, signed a memorandum of understanding to strengthen regional security.

ALSO READ:  NLC Threatens Shutdown Over Telecom Tariff Hike

The Director of Defence Information Brig.-Gen. Tukur Gusau said they signed the agreement on Wednesday in Niamey, Republic of Niger.

RelatedPosts

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

INEC Appointment: Christian Group Hammers Shari’a Council, Warns Against Provocative Statements

He said the agreement aims to forge a common goal towards deepening the fraternal bilateral relationship between Nigeria and Niger and exploring opportunities to enhance security cooperation.

He said both parties, during the meeting, recognised the importance of sustained dialogue and collaboration in addressing mutual security challenges and strengthening the strategic partnership between Nigeria and Niger.

“They emphasised the need for maintaining and expanding existing cooperations, including joint military operations, intelligence sharing, and tactical coordination,” he said.

Gusau said the Defence Chiefs acknowledged the significant impact of the proliferation of small arms and light weapons on security, adding that the widespread accessibility of these weapons contributes to heightened instability and conflict in the region.

“They further agreed to intensify their efforts in curbing the illicit flow of small arms and light weapons while pledging to collaborate on initiatives to enhance border security and support regional and international efforts to control and reduce the spread of these weapons. (NAN

Tags: authorising
Previous Post

Guinness record holder lauds UNFPA  for  providing ‘friendly space’ for girls 

Next Post

Suspected insurgents burn houses, shops, kill many in Yobe – Police

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Vice-President Kashim Shettima says the Connect NextGen Innovation Hackathon will position Nigeria as a global supplier of digital solutions and...

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

The All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN) says no fewer than 22,000 farmers will benefit from the FarmerMoni initiative under...

INEC & Parties Forge Critical 2027 Reforms Path as FCT Elections Loom

INEC Appointment: Christian Group Hammers Shari’a Council, Warns Against Provocative Statements

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

The Christian Social Movement of Nigeria (CSMN) has warned against politicising the leadership of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC),...

Next Post
Police detain 2 suspected gunrunners, informant in Kaduna

Suspected insurgents burn houses, shops, kill many in Yobe – Police

CNG condemns Wike’s threats to Bauchi, warns of consequences

CNG condemns Wike's threats to Bauchi, warns of consequences

Recommended

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

5 days ago
FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,643)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform