• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

Telecom Subscribers Applaud NCC on Compensation Directive

Fines should follow the victim, not just the treasury,” NATCOM says

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
April 5, 2026
in National
0
NCC Under Aminu Maida: Driving a Consumer-First Revolution in Nigeria’s Telecom Sector
0
SHARES
13
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Telephone subscribers have applauded the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on its latest directive to telecom operators on compensation over poor quality of service (QoS).

Under the aegis of the National Association of Telecoms Subscribers (NATCOMs), the President, Chief Deolu Ogunbanjo, described the move as a ‘long-overdue victory’ for the Nigerian consumer and 100 per cent compensation for affected subscribers. He called for Compensation Framework.

RelatedPosts

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

BREAKING: FG Opens Case Against Justice Crack

BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja Grants El Rufai 100M Bail

The NCC directive may benefit about 182 million active telephone users in the country who have longed for quality of experience (QoE).

The regulator’s directive, which requires operators to credit affected users with airtime based on their average spending and location-specific outages, marks a departure from the historical practice where regulatory fines were paid to the Federal Government.

“For years, we have agitated that fines should follow the victim, not just the treasury,” Ogunbanjo stated.

“The subscriber is the one who suffers the dropped call and the lost data. By mandating direct airtime credits, the NCC is finally putting the ‘consumer as king’ philosophy into practice,” he said.

According to him, compensation should not be one-off stuff, “But rather, a continuous thing! Operators have already gotten a 50 per cent tariff hike since last year and the promise of improved service thereafter has not been met. They have made a huge profit without a commensurate impact on the quality of experience since the hike.

ALSO READ:  Groups Urge Minister of Defense to Tackle Insecurity in Northern Nigeria

“So, it is the turn of the subscribers to be compensated. They must do the needful as fast as possible.”

NATCOMs noted that the new framework, which uses Local Government Area (LGA) monitoring to trigger compensation, is a significant technical upgrade. However, the association warned that “the devil is in the enforcement.”

“We want to see the automated alerts. We want the subscribers to see the ‘Reason for Credit’ SMS on their phones without having to lodge a formal complaint,” Ogunbanjo added.

The association also commented on the Joint NCC-CBN Refund Framework, which officially hit its one-month milestone today. The policy, which guarantees a 30-second refund for failed airtime and data purchases, has reportedly seen over N10 billion returned to Nigerians in its first period of operation.
NATCOMs urged the commission to remain vigilant against systemic glitches that operators might use as excuses.

“The 30-second rule is the benchmark for trust in our digital economy. If the banks and telcos can debit us in seconds, they must refund us in seconds,” the NATCOMs boss emphasised.

Tags: Telecom Subscribers
Previous Post

Easter: David Mark Urges Unity, Assures Nigerians of Party’s Strength

Next Post

Yobe: Nepotism And Politics of 2027 Succession

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

By Ojima-ojo Abubakar The All Progressives Congress (APC) has barred 47 senatorial aspirants from participating in its senate primary elections....

BREAKING: FG Opens Case Against Justice Crack

BREAKING: FG Opens Case Against Justice Crack

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

The federal government has open its case against popular blogger and social media influencer Justice Chidebere also known as Justice...

BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja Grants El Rufai 100M Bail

BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja Grants El Rufai 100M Bail

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in the sum of...

Next Post
Yobe: Nepotism And Politics of 2027 Succession

Yobe: Nepotism And Politics of 2027 Succession

Tinubu approves ₦3.3tn power sector debt settlement plan

Tinubu approves ₦3.3tn power sector debt settlement plan

Recommended

Man City Thrash Palace to Heap Pressure on Arsenal

Man City Thrash Palace to Heap Pressure on Arsenal

4 days ago
Mbappé & Dembélé Lead France’s 2026 World Cup Charge

Mbappé & Dembélé Lead France’s 2026 World Cup Charge

3 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jaba APC Leaders Unveil 2027 Consensus Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (833)
  • Education (276)
  • Entertainment (404)
  • Health (251)
  • National (3,329)
  • News (10,362)
  • Opinion (444)
  • Politics (2,165)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (718)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform