• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

Nigerians Raised N10m In Four Days To Support Quadri – Lawyer

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
April 22, 2025
in National, News
0
Nigerians Raised N10m In Four Days To Support Quadri – Lawyer
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Human rights lawyer, Inibehe Effionge, on Monday, said over N10 million has so far been raised to support the 17-year-old minor, Quadri Alabi, who went viral during campaigns for the 2023 general elections when he stood in front of the convoy of a former Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi.

Effiong spoke when he appeared on Channels Television’s The Morning Brief.

RelatedPosts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

“I can confirm to you that as of this morning, we’ve raised over N10 million in barely four days for Quadri. It re-energises our hope in the Nigerian spirit. Within the first two hours, we had raised over N3 million.

“In 2023, the donation that was given to him wasn’t even close to this, and you saw what they (the area boys) did to him,” he said.

The lawyer disclosed that the teenager and his family had been moved to a safe area, while efforts were underway to provide them with accommodation.

He said, “We’ve completely taken them out of that community; we’ve put them where it is safe. We’re working on getting fresh accommodation in a different place.

“The mother is a petty trader; she needs some financial support to stabilise, so part of that money will go to that, and then we may have to decide on whether to put the rest in a deposit for him, because the money was first for him.

ALSO READ:  Igbo Diaspora In Canada Urges Tinubu To Free Kanu

“The point is to ensure that he is rehabilitated and he doesn’t go back to a place that will make him vulnerable to that kind of attack; that is the least we owe Quadri.”

The Magistrates’ Court in Apapa on April 17 freed the minor following the legal advice of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Dr Babajide Martins.

The magistrate confirmed that the legal advice issued by the DPP showed that there was no evidence to substantiate the allegation of armed robbery against Quadri.

In his legal advice, the DPP recommended the non-prosecution of Quadri and another defendant, one Muiz Animashaun.

Quadri and Animashaun were standing trial alongside three others for the offence of armed robbery.

Alabi Quadri went viral for standing in front of the convoy of the 2023 Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi.
Effiong, who is counsel for Quadri, had called on the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, and the Inspector General of Police, to subject to an orderly room trial the DPO of Amukoko Divisional Headquarters and other officers who participated in what he called the “corrupt scheme of framing-up a teenager for armed robbery at the behest of rogue ‘Area Boys’”.

The lawyer also demanded the sum of N100m as compensation to his client, whom he said had been detained since January, 2025.

The police had explained that Quadri was arrested and charged in court after being linked to a violent street fight in the Amukoko area of Lagos earlier this year, but the minor’s counsel dismissed the allegation as mischief.

ALSO READ:  Sallah: Rep.donates 3000 rams, N250m to constituents in Zamfara 

“Are the police saying that they know his age better than his mother? It is just an act of mischief. The statement of the police is embarrassing; it is despicable. They should tell the police what is going on,” Effiong added.

Tags: Lawyer
Previous Post

Economic Reforms: Edun insists On Modest Wedding For Son

Next Post

Maiduguri Bomb Explosion Untrue, Misleading — NCoS

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Vice-President Kashim Shettima says the Connect NextGen Innovation Hackathon will position Nigeria as a global supplier of digital solutions and...

Next Post
Maiduguri Bomb Explosion Untrue, Misleading — NCoS

Maiduguri Bomb Explosion Untrue, Misleading — NCoS

Pope’s Trusty ‘Camerlengo’ To Run Vatican After Francis’ Death

Pope’s Trusty ‘Camerlengo’ To Run Vatican After Francis’ Death

Recommended

2027 Politics: Danji SS Emerges as Strong Contender for Taraba’s Top Seat

2027 Politics: Danji SS Emerges as Strong Contender for Taraba’s Top Seat

5 days ago
I’m building a strong coalition to challenge APC – Atiku

Atiku Criticizes Flaws in Both Electronic and Manual Election Results Transmission

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,643)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform