• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

FG receives 103 Nigerians deported from Turkey

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
June 29, 2024
in News
0
FG receives 103 Nigerians deported from Turkey
0
SHARES
9
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

RelatedPosts

LPCF alleges political witch-hunt In El-Rufai’s arrest

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

The Federal Government has received no fewer than 103 Nigerians deported from Turkey over migration related issues such as, expired visa, irregular migration, among others.

Alhaji Tijani Ahmed, the Federal Commissioner, National Commission for Refugees Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI) stated this on Friday evening, during the deportees’ profiling in Abuja.
Represented by Amb. Catherine Udida, the Director Migration Affairs in the commission, Ahmed said that the commission expected 110 deportees but received 103, all males.
“Some of them have been in the deportation camp for some months, and  now that they are here, we are hoping to follow up on all the allegations gathered in their profiling.
“We will go through the profiling forms, because some of them have said that their passports were seized.
We are going to follow up with the Turkish authority, because the passports are still the property of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” he assured.
According to him, the NCFRMI is the mandate agency responsible for all returnees, irrespective of  their status.
“We equally have a programme where we train them and thereafter reintegrate them into the society”, the Federal Commissioner stated.
Similarly, Mr Bashir  Garga, the North-Central Zonal Coordinator, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA),  assured the returnees of government readiness to support them through collaborative efforts of all relevant agencies.
One of the victims, Mr Arinze Stone,  said that Turkish authority arrested and detained him in the camp for about six months.
Stone said he had been living in Turkey for quite some years doing business.
“They were arresting people whose paper are not yet out or just expired,” he said.
He alleged that it was since the European Union started paying Turkey for illegal immigrants, that the government stopped issuing and renewing resident permits.
“Each day, the European Union pays 120Euros per head of immigrants in the Immigration Camp.
“Ever since I had been in Turkey, I always had my resident permit renewed. It just got expired and Turkish authority collected 700Euros from me for tax and insurance and then cancelled the renewal,” he explained.
Stone added that the deportation fee of about 2,500 Euros that was supposed to be given to each victim was not paid.
Another victim, Mr Moses Emeh, said he had a registered company in Turkey which had been functioning for more than eight years.
“I also have a resident permit, which was forcibly cancelled but I had earlier planned  to convert it into working permit.
” I don’t know where to start from. But I believe this is a diplomatic issue and I trust our foreign affairs minister, to follow it up.
“I also think that they should have a sensitisation programme for  Nigerians still living over there in Turkey, because the Turkish government is not being sincere and transparent with us,”  Emeh stated
He narrated that he was arrested and  put in a dungeon, for  11 months  and three weeks.
“I was told that, If I did not sign the deportation documents, I will have to stay in their custody for one year to two years, after which I could be released and given immigration documents to sign, then be reintegrated into the system. But, they never fulfilled that.
“I also know  that occupying a territory, without a permit is a crime, but mine was forcibly terminated twice, and I took the case to court.
“Since my case was already in court and the court was yet to preside over my case,  I don’t think it is right for them to deport me,” he added.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the returnees were given some dignity kits, starter-packs and stipends to enable them travel to their respective places. (NAN
ALSO READ:  30 Killed by Bandits in Zamfara, Impose Levy on Farmers— Senator Yari
Tags: deportedTijani AhmedTurkey
Previous Post

AMAC Chairman flag-off cconstruction, rehabilitation of Waru/Yimitu township road

Next Post

FCTA to promote innovation, entrepreneurship among students

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

El-Rufai: Tinubu’s Govt Most Corrupt, Worst in Nigerian History

LPCF alleges political witch-hunt In El-Rufai’s arrest

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Ojima-ojo The Labour Party Candidates Forum on Tuesday alleged political persecution in the arrest of former Kaduna State...

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted...

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Next Post
FCTA to promote innovation, entrepreneurship among students

FCTA to promote innovation, entrepreneurship among students

Troops nab 47 suspected rail track vandals in Kaduna

Troops nab 47 suspected rail track vandals in Kaduna

Recommended

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

3 hours ago
Machina: The City That Refuses to Sleep A Homeland Honouring Its Son

Machina: The City That Refuses to Sleep A Homeland Honouring Its Son

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,647)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform