• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

DHQ dismisses report on putting Guards Brigade on high alert, threatens legal action

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
February 26, 2024
in National, News
0
DHQ dismisses report on putting Guards Brigade on high alert, threatens legal action
0
SHARES
12
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has dismissed allegation that the Guards Brigade had been put on high alert following unusual movements, leading to suspicion of a coup plot in Nigeria.

This is contained in a statement issued by the Acting Director of Defence Information, Brig.-Gen. Tukur Gusau on Monday in Abuja.

The military described the allegationin an article published by an online medium on Sunday, as malicious and unfounded.

RelatedPosts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Gusau said the publication also alleged amongst other things that the suspicion prompted emergency meeting involving President Bola Tinubu, the Chief of Staff to the President and Commander of the Guards Brigade.

“The Defence Headquarters wishes to categorically state that the allegation is totally false.

“For the avoidance of doubt, the Guards Brigade has been statutorily assigned the responsibility of protecting the seat of power and by extension the Federal Capital Territory and its environs.

“Hence, it is to be noted that the Guards Brigade has always been on high alert in order to effectively executive its assigned tasks,” he said.

Gusau recalled that the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Christopher Musa, had in various fora reiterated the unalloyed commitment of members of the Armed Forces of Nigeria to the protection and sustenance of democracy in Nigeria.

”The DHQ strongly condemn this unsubstantiated assertion which is just a figment of imagination of the publisher and enjoins members of the public to disregard it.

ALSO READ:  COAS directs troops to intensify efforts in combating oil theft

”The DHQ has called on relevant security agencies to immediately take appropriate action against the publisher of the article (Sahara Reporters).

“Meanwhile, the Defence Headquarters will seek legal redress on the issue which has the ulterior motive of creating unnecessary tension in the country,” he added. (NAN)

Tags: Defence Headquarters (DHQ)
Previous Post

US-based doctor donates Ultrasound machine to Malumfashi hospital for saving his life

Next Post

Nigerian Military Capable of Crushing Armed Groups, Says Gov Sule

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted...

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Next Post
Nigerian Military Capable of Crushing Armed Groups, Says Gov Sule

Nigerian Military Capable of Crushing Armed Groups, Says Gov Sule

NGO Urges FCT Council Chairmen to Monitor projects In Their Communities

NGO Urges FCT Council Chairmen to Monitor projects In Their Communities

Recommended

Sokoto Govt. Pledges To End Polio Virus Type 2 This Year

Sokoto Govt. Pledges To End Polio Virus Type 2 This Year

6 days ago
DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,646)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform