• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Trending video on alleged Boko Haram invasion of Oyo recycled – Police

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
April 29, 2025
in News
0
Trending video on alleged Boko Haram invasion of Oyo recycled – Police
0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Oyo State Police Command on Tuesday said that the video of the alleged invasion of the state by suspected Boko Haram currently circulating on social media was recycled.

The command’s spokesman, CSP Adewale Osifeso, stated this in a statement made available to newsmen on Tuesday in Ibadan, the state capital.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that a video clip is currently being circulated on social media alleging the arrest of suspected Boko Haram members who invaded the state along the Ibadan Expressway.

“The Police Command in Oyo wishes to address the recent circulation of misleading information on social media regarding a video that purportedly shows an attempted invasion of the state by Boko Haram elements intercepted along the Ibadan Express road.

“The video, which allegedly depicts articulated trucks filled with motorcycles and weapons, has been verified as a recycled clip from 2022,” he said.

Osifeso said the re-emergence of the video, particularly during a period of enhanced security in the state, suggests a deliberate attempt by certain individuals with malicious intent, seeking to spread falsehoods and incite fear and unrest.

 

“The command urges the public to remain vigilant and disregard such antics; we assure that this does not pose any current threat to the safety and security of the state.

“To further substantiate our claim regarding the video’s outdated nature, we note that the Divisional Crime Officer (DCO) at the Ilero Divisional Police Headquarters, DSP. Segun Adeyemo, who appeared briefly in the video, retired from the Nigeria Police Force in August 2024 after a long period of meritorious service,” he added.

ALSO READ:  CBN, DISCOs, And Contractors Summoned By Reps Over Alleged $321m And N18.2 Billion Mismanagement

Osifeso reaffirmed the command’s unwavering commitment to safeguarding all residents in the state.

He urged the public to avoid circulating outdated video content pertaining to issues that had been previously resolved and encouraged them to thoroughly verify any information before sharing on social media.

NAN

Tags: Boko Haram
Previous Post

A Night of Prestige: Glenfiddich Grand Cru Partners Viva Jets For Premium In-Flight Experience

Next Post

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: Tinubu Genuinely isolated — he has no Time for Most Aides

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: Tinubu Genuinely isolated — he has no Time for Most Aides

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: Tinubu Genuinely isolated — he has no Time for Most Aides

Nnamdi Kanu: New trial judge didn’t step down, Federal High Court clarifies

Court Approves Federal Government's Request to Protect Witness Identities in Nnamdi Kanu Trial

Recommended

FG Launches New ASUU Agreement: 40% Salary Boost for Academic Staff

FG Launches New ASUU Agreement: 40% Salary Boost for Academic Staff

7 days ago
Minister Reveals Only N36 Million Released from N218 Billion Health Budget

Minister Reveals Only N36 Million Released from N218 Billion Health Budget

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform