• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Thursday, May 14, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Trending video on alleged Boko Haram invasion of Oyo recycled – Police

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
April 29, 2025
in News
0
Trending video on alleged Boko Haram invasion of Oyo recycled – Police
0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Oyo State Police Command on Tuesday said that the video of the alleged invasion of the state by suspected Boko Haram currently circulating on social media was recycled.

The command’s spokesman, CSP Adewale Osifeso, stated this in a statement made available to newsmen on Tuesday in Ibadan, the state capital.

RelatedPosts

PSG Seal Record 14th Ligue 1 Title with Lens Win

Man City Thrash Palace to Heap Pressure on Arsenal

Two Politicians Step Down As Leeman Eyes Chikun/Kajuru Reps Seat

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that a video clip is currently being circulated on social media alleging the arrest of suspected Boko Haram members who invaded the state along the Ibadan Expressway.

“The Police Command in Oyo wishes to address the recent circulation of misleading information on social media regarding a video that purportedly shows an attempted invasion of the state by Boko Haram elements intercepted along the Ibadan Express road.

“The video, which allegedly depicts articulated trucks filled with motorcycles and weapons, has been verified as a recycled clip from 2022,” he said.

Osifeso said the re-emergence of the video, particularly during a period of enhanced security in the state, suggests a deliberate attempt by certain individuals with malicious intent, seeking to spread falsehoods and incite fear and unrest.

 

“The command urges the public to remain vigilant and disregard such antics; we assure that this does not pose any current threat to the safety and security of the state.

“To further substantiate our claim regarding the video’s outdated nature, we note that the Divisional Crime Officer (DCO) at the Ilero Divisional Police Headquarters, DSP. Segun Adeyemo, who appeared briefly in the video, retired from the Nigeria Police Force in August 2024 after a long period of meritorious service,” he added.

ALSO READ:  NDC Zones 2027 Presidential Ticket to South – Galadima

Osifeso reaffirmed the command’s unwavering commitment to safeguarding all residents in the state.

He urged the public to avoid circulating outdated video content pertaining to issues that had been previously resolved and encouraged them to thoroughly verify any information before sharing on social media.

NAN

Tags: Boko Haram
Previous Post

A Night of Prestige: Glenfiddich Grand Cru Partners Viva Jets For Premium In-Flight Experience

Next Post

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: Tinubu Genuinely isolated — he has no Time for Most Aides

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

PSG Seal Record 14th Ligue 1 Title with Lens Win

PSG Seal Record 14th Ligue 1 Title with Lens Win

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 14, 2026
0

Paris Saint-Germain clinched a record-extending 14th French Ligue 1 title on Wednesday night after defeating Lens 2-0 away from home,...

Man City Thrash Palace to Heap Pressure on Arsenal

Man City Thrash Palace to Heap Pressure on Arsenal

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 14, 2026
0

Manchester City kept the pressure firmly on Premier League leaders Arsenal after cruising to a commanding 3-0 victory over Crystal...

Two Politicians Step Down As Leeman Eyes Chikun/Kajuru Reps Seat

Two Politicians Step Down As Leeman Eyes Chikun/Kajuru Reps Seat

by Ojimaojo Abubakar
May 13, 2026
0

An aspirant for the House of Representatives seat for Chikun/Kajuru Federal Constituency under the African Democratic Congress, Samaila Leeman, has...

Next Post
Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: Tinubu Genuinely isolated — he has no Time for Most Aides

Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: Tinubu Genuinely isolated — he has no Time for Most Aides

Nnamdi Kanu: New trial judge didn’t step down, Federal High Court clarifies

Court Approves Federal Government's Request to Protect Witness Identities in Nnamdi Kanu Trial

Recommended

Media colleagues celebrates S24 CEO Halima on birthday

Media colleagues celebrates S24 CEO Halima on birthday

4 days ago
No More UTME for NCE Candidates – FG

No More UTME for NCE Candidates – FG

3 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Nigerian Govt laments gaps in polio eradication despite $500m spent

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (833)
  • Education (275)
  • Entertainment (401)
  • Health (251)
  • National (3,312)
  • News (10,315)
  • Opinion (442)
  • Politics (2,136)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (715)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform