• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Tinubu orders release of minors involved in EndBadGovernance Protest

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
November 5, 2024
in News
0
Tinubu orders release of minors involved in EndBadGovernance Protest
0
SHARES
13
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

President Bola Tinubu has ordered release of all minors arrested and detained over #EndBadGovernance protest.

Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, disclosed this while briefing State House correspondents, on Monday.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

The Minister was flanked by the Bayo Onanuga, Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy; Sunday Dare, Special Adviser on Public Communications and orientation.

Idris said the President directed the Attorney-General of the Federation, Lateef Fagbemi, to immediately commence the process of securing release of the minors

“The President has directed that all minors be released on the and also reunited with their families anywhere they are in the country. A committee has been set up to look at the issues surrounding their arrest, detention and release. All the law enforcement agents related to the case will be investigated and anyone found wanting will be brought to book,” he said.

The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) had called on the Federal Government to halt the treason trial of #EndBadGovernance protesters and release all the minors.

The ACF, while reacting to the trial of minors at a Federal High Court, Abuja, over allegations of treason, and other offences, arising from their participation in the August 2024 protests, described the trial as a show of shame.

In a statement signed by the ACF National Publicity Secretary, Professor Tukur Muhammad-Baba, further described the trial of minors as a demonstration of needless official high-handedness at its worst.

ALSO READ:  Akpabio, Eno Reiterate Commitment To Akwa Ibom Devt

Earlier on Monday, the Youth Leader of the Tijaniyya Islamic Movement in Africa, Sheikh Ahmed Umar, called on Tinubu to as a matter of urgency, issue an ‘Executive order’ for the immediate release of the minors held in connection with the protest.

Sheikh Umar in an interview with newsmen in Kaduna, condemned the Federal Government’s action while expressing outrage regarding the arraignment of minors on treason charges.

According to him, the minors’ detention for over 90 days is unjust, saying, “It is a bad signal to see a 10-year-old child, who does not know their right from left, charged with an offense expected of a 50-year-old.”

“We call on President Bola Tinubu to issue an executive order for their immediate release and compensation. Those children must be released and compensated. We hope President Tinubu will listen to this call,” he said.

Umar, who was chairman during the Northern Youth Summit organized by the National Youth Alliance in Kaduna, further emphasized the need for youth participation in governance, citing the country’s pressing challenges.

He noted that with the youth in charge, Nigeria could navigate through its numerous challenges including security and unemployment.

Umar, therefore, urged Nigerian youths to wake up and take charge of their inheritance.

Tags: EndBadGovernanceminors
Previous Post

Tinubu nominates Ibiyemi, Tukur as REC, National Commissioner for INEC

Next Post

Forum Backs Keyamo’s Position on Allocation of Airstrip to Oyedepo, Others

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
Forum Backs Keyamo’s Position on Allocation of Airstrip to Oyedepo, Others

Forum Backs Keyamo's Position on Allocation of Airstrip to Oyedepo, Others

Kukah Centre, IPAC Holds 3- Day Workshop on Political Party Development November 5, 8

Kukah Centre, IPAC Holds 3- Day Workshop on Political Party Development November 5, 8

Recommended

INEC & Parties Forge Critical 2027 Reforms Path as FCT Elections Loom

INEC Appointment: Christian Group Hammers Shari’a Council, Warns Against Provocative Statements

5 days ago
Nigerian Man Shot Dead in South Africa

Nigerian Man Shot Dead in South Africa

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform