• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Obasanjo Denies Meeting Tinubu at Alake’s Birthday Celebration

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
September 16, 2023
in News, Politics
0
Obasanjo Denies Meeting Tinubu at Alake’s Birthday Celebration
0
SHARES
6
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has denied meeting with President Bola Tinubu at the 80th birthday reception of the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, on Thursday.

RelatedPosts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Ex-President Obasanjo, in a statement Saturday by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Akinyemi, cited a TikTok video falsely claiming that Tinubu and Obasanjo met on Thursday.

“The former president condemned the fake post, which also lifted a banter conversation that took place between the two, when he played host to the former Lagos State governor last year before the country’s general elections this year,” the statement reads.

According to Akinyemi, Obasanjo says the architect of the “fake, disjointed and sicken(ing) post” should turn elsewhere to find whatever it is they are looking for.

See the full statement below:

Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo has denied the claim that he met with President Bola Tinubu at the 80th birthday reception of the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo on Thursday.

A video clip on a TikTok social media platform with “@asiwajuwoldwidef” as profile name of the account was posted to falsely claimed that Tinubu and Obasanjo met on Thursday.

This was contained in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Akinyemi where the former president condemned the fake post, which also lifted a banter conversation that took place between the two, when he played host to the former Lagos State governor last year before the country’s general elections this year.

ALSO READ:  Army Arrests 3,Burst IPOB Syndicate Behind Electoral Violence In Enugu

Akinyemi stated that the former President, who is now in South Africa for the burial of his friend and brother, Prince Mangosuthu Buthelezi holding today, said the architect of the fake disjointed and sicken post should rather look elsewhere for the work he/she is looking for and not through him.

” I have not seen Bola Tinubu since he visited me in my house in Abeokuta, when he was campaigning. Secondly, I was at the church and NOT the reception for Alake’s 80th birthday reception.” he said

To put the content of the video in proper perspective, it happened that during Tinubu’s visit to his house last year, he met the former President playing his favorite traditional game (ayo) and he started the banter, jokingly telling the former President that, he was shocked to see him playing the Ayo game at that time of the day.

Spontaneously, as he was getting up from his chair to welcome him and other accompanying visitors, Obasanjo responded: “when I don’t have job. If you are ready to give me job, I am ready to do it.”

Shortly after, Tinubu was heard praying for longevity on Obasanjo’s life, as they both walked into the sitting room with others.

This is however contrary to the meaning the viral video is putting out as Obasanjo says, “I am not looking for work and I am not working with anyone as the fake news puts out. Those who are looking for people to work with Bola Tinubu should look outside Obasanjo,” he declared.

ALSO READ:  48 Trillion Budget: Group Lauds Tinubu’s Economic Policies, Reforms Towards Better Nigeria

########

Kehinde Akinyemi
Special Assistant on Media
Sept. 16th, 2023

Tags: ObasanjoTinubu
Previous Post

Transforming Southern Kaduna Through Skill Development – Senator Katung

Next Post

APC Launches Campaign Council, Pledges Victory in Imo Gubernatorial Election

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Next Post
APC Launches Campaign Council, Pledges Victory in Imo Gubernatorial Election

APC Launches Campaign Council, Pledges Victory in Imo Gubernatorial Election

Senate Criticizes Accusations of a ‘Satanic’ Plot to Impeach Akpabio

Senate Criticizes Accusations of a 'Satanic' Plot to Impeach Akpabio

Recommended

Machina: The City That Refuses to Sleep A Homeland Honouring Its Son

Machina: The City That Refuses to Sleep A Homeland Honouring Its Son

6 days ago
Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

20 minutes ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,644)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform