• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

NBA slams FG over transfer of suspects to Abuja, says “they must be prosecuted in Plateau”

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
April 23, 2025
in News
0
NBA slams FG over transfer of suspects to Abuja, says “they must be prosecuted in Plateau”
0
SHARES
15
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) branches in Plateau State have called on the Federal Government to stop transferring suspects arrested in connection with the recent killings in Bokkos and Bassa local government areas to Abuja, insisting that they must be prosecuted in the state.

The Jos Branch Chairman of the Association, Leah Dagung Hassan, who led her counterparts from Pankshin, Bukuru and Shendam to a press conference in Jos on Tuesday, described the recurring attacks as genocidal and intentional, warning that the time for rhetoric is over.

RelatedPosts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Her words: “The reaction of the Nigerian Bar Association as adequately captured by the President of the Association, Mazi Afam Osigwe SAN, in the press release of 15th April, 2025, calling on the Government to rise up to its responsibility of safeguarding and protecting the life of the citizen. We adopt in totality the President’s address calling on the Government to uphold the tenets of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to wit the right to life.

“That all perpetrators who are arrested be prosecuted in the State and not be taken to Abuja where we do not hear anything about them again, indicating that they have been released.

“This is not a communal clash as stated by some individuals in the society but an intentional attack to wipe out helpless citizens sleeping in their houses in the night by wicked men who have no regard for human lives.

ALSO READ:  Rights Group Asks AGF To Investigate ‘Death Threat’ Against IPOB Lawyer Ifeanyi Ejiofor

“We cannot continue to be silent in the face of these barbaric and evil act of killing innocent citizens and taking over their ancestral lands making them strangers in their own home.

“The continued bloodletting in Plateau State, under the guise of communal crises must no longer be treated with indifference or vague promises. The slogan should no longer be ‘Enough is enough’, but it should be ‘This is Enough lets Stand up and take Actions.’

“The Nigerian Bar Association on the Plateau will not stand by while our communities are turned into killing fields. We shall continue to use all legal and moral platforms available to us to demand justice, accountability and peace for our people.”

She said the recent attacks have further deepened the trauma of a people who are yet to recover from previous episodes of mass violence, adding that what is playing out is nothing short of a coordinated assault on human lives and dignity.

She continued: “We commend the actions taken so far by the State Government and further call on the State Government and the Federal Government to take comprehensive and proactive steps to forestall future occurrences of this genocidal attacks on the people of Plateau State.

“We therefore make the following demand: The immediate identification, arrest and prosecution of the perpetrators of these wicked act.

“That the Federal Government should deploy adequate Security Personnel to vulnerable communities with clear mandates for community protection.

“That States should be allowed to establish State Police who will be armed with weapons to defend our communities.

ALSO READ:  Yobe govt. louds Tinubu over donation of  21,000 bags of grains

“The Communities be allowed to defend themselves, we therefore demand that the Federal Government empower vulnerable Communities with Self defense mechanism and equipments since the Security Personnel we have are not enough to secure our lives.

“Provision of relief and rehabilitation for affected persons, particularly women and children, and settlement displaced Communities within the shortest time.”

The NBA chairmen also insisted that the lives of Plateau people matter and that no nation can claim to be governed by law while allowing mass killings to persist.

Previous Post

FG Committed To Fighting Insecurity — Ribadu

Next Post

Accidental Discharge Kills 12-Year-Old Boy In Kaduna, Police Debunk Bomb Explosion

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted...

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Next Post
Police confirm 18 injured in gas explosion in Port Harcourt

Accidental Discharge Kills 12-Year-Old Boy In Kaduna, Police Debunk Bomb Explosion

Niger Bans Tricycles, Bikes At Night Over Insecurity

Niger Bans Tricycles, Bikes At Night Over Insecurity

Recommended

A Step In The Right Direction’: Bulus Maiyaki Hails Benjamin Kefas As New FUW VC

A Step In The Right Direction’: Bulus Maiyaki Hails Benjamin Kefas As New FUW VC

7 days ago
Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,646)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform