• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Kano Emir, Others Condemns Kidnapping, Selling Of Northern Minors

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
January 7, 2024
in News
0
Kano Emir, Others Condemns Kidnapping, Selling Of Northern Minors
0
SHARES
7
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, has condemned the trend of kidnapping and selling children, mostly northern minors, to southern parts of the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Emir expressed his concern on Saturday in Kano while addressing newsmen.

Represented by Dan Malikin Kano, Amb. Ahmad Umar, the first class traditional ruler said the Emirate would no longer condone abduction and trading of children in the state.

RelatedPosts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

He said the issue has gotten out of hand that proactive action must be taken to curb it.

“This ugly trend must stop. We have to rise up against it. We will no longer condone a situation whereby our children are kidnapped, sold and their tribe and religion were changed.

“This illicit act must stop. We have to rise up to check the situation as it is going out of hand. The situation cannot stop itself, it is we that will make it stop. It happened few years ago and now it has happened again. Only God knows how many of our children had been kidnapped and sold,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the Kano state Police Command on Dec. 27, 2023, said it had dismantled a human trafficking syndicate that specialised in abduction, buying and selling of minors.

The command added that nine suspects had been arrested from the syndicate, which was operating around Kano, Bauchi, Lagos, Delta, Anambra and Imo States.

ALSO READ:  Tuggar: How Nigeria Facilitated Transfer Of Critically Ill Children In Gaza To Egypt, UAE

It also rescued seven children, majority from Bauchi state, from the suspects.

He said the emirate had expressed great disappointment over the abduction of minors.
Describing the situation as disturbing, he called for punishment on the perpetrators to serve as a lesson to others.

The royal member noted that Kano had been accommodating visitors for hundreds of years, emphasising that the visitors should not take the advantage of the hospitality received by the state to commit crimes.

“Kano, for hundreds of years has been welcoming visitors and take them as its sons. Recently we have seen a disturbing and unfortunate incident of rescuing children trafficked to Lagos through Kano.

“The Emir expressed serious disappointment of Kano and northern Nigeria about the incident and wants to see a lasting solution to the problem,” he said.

In his remarks, the leader of Igbo community in Kano, Eze Ndigbo, Boniface Igbekwe, alao condemned the act and called on authorities to bring the perpetrators to book.

Represented by Prime Minister of the Igbo Community, Chief Nwaimo Efanyi, he said the Igbo community had received the news of the kidnapped children rescued by the police with shock and disbelief.

He said the entire Igbo community in Kano had dissociated themselves from the suspects and any kind of heinous acts committed in their name, stressing that they are always committed to live peacefully with one another.
“We condemned the act in its entirety in whatever guise and call for punishment on the perpetrators. We Igbo dissociate ourselves from this criminality. We call for peace with one another,” he stated.
The Eze Ndigbo commended the Kano Police command for dismantling the syndicate and rescue of the victims, urging it not to rest on its resolve until all kidnapped children were rescued.

ALSO READ:  Troops apprehend Nigerian syndicate supplying fuel to Cameroonian Ambazonian rebels
Previous Post

Ganduje Receives Sen. Ewuga Into APC Fold

Next Post

Sokoto: Police Fixes Jan. 8 For Recruitment Screening

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Next Post
Sokoto: Police Fixes Jan. 8 For Recruitment Screening

Sokoto: Police Fixes Jan. 8 For Recruitment Screening

AFCON 2023: Gusau allay fears following Ndidi’s withdrawal from Super Eagles’ camp

AFCON 2023: Gusau allay fears following Ndidi’s withdrawal from Super Eagles’ camp

Recommended

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

5 days ago
DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,643)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform