News
Italy Prime Minister Meloni Separates

Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni announced on Friday she was separating from her partner, with whom she has a daughter after he was recorded making sleazy comments.
The announcement came after Andrea Giambruno, a television presenter, was caught making overtly sexual and sexist comments to female colleagues off-air.
“My relationship with Andrea Giambruno, which lasted almost 10 years, ends here,” Meloni wrote on social media, saying their paths had “diverged for some time”.
“How do you do, darling?” Giambruno is heard telling a female colleague on the sidelines of his talk show on the Rete 4 channel, owned by Mediaset.
“Do you know that (name redacted) and I are having an affair? All of Mediaset knows it and now you do too,” he tells the woman, who is also off camera
“But we’re looking for a third person, as we do threesomes. Foursomes too. Would you like to be part of our working group?” he says in remarks broadcast by a different television channel on Tuesday and Thursday.
In another comment, he says: “Can I touch my balls while I talk to you?”
On Friday afternoon, a spokesman for Mediaset, which is owned by the Berlusconi family, told the ANSA news agency Giambruno had been suspended as a presenter while the company looked into the situation.
The news of the break-up coincides with the one-year anniversary this weekend of Meloni’s accession to power at the head of a hard-right government which strongly defends traditional family values.
The pair never married but Meloni always brushed off suggestions that her marital status was at odds with her position on family, which is that children should have a mother and a father.
Giambruno, who she met in a broadcast studio while giving an interview, has increasingly become a source of headlines for his controversial comments.
In August, he was accused of victim blaming for remarks he made while discussing two gang rapes this summer that had shocked Italy.
On his talk show, he said: “If you avoid getting drunk and losing your senses, you might also avoid running into certain problems and coming across a wolf.”
He had also hit back when a German minister on holiday in Italy complained about the heat, saying: “If you don’t like it, stay at home.”
In her social media post on Friday, Meloni thanked Giambruno for “the splendid years we spent together, for the difficulties we went through, and for giving me the most important thing in my life, our daughter Ginevra”.
Meloni has previously spoken of the challenges of juggling family life with running the government, and takes Ginevra, seven, on official trips wherever she can.
She did not mention the recordings of Giambruno’s remarks in her statement.
But she warned anyone who hoped to use her personal life against her: “While the drop may hope to hollow out the stone, the stone remains a stone and the drop is just water”.
Meloni’s coalition allies rallied around her. Matteo Salvini, of the far-right, anti-immigration League, told her: “Go forward with your head held high!”
AFP
News
FHA to Revalidate Commercial Approvals on Abuja Estates from April 3

By Our Reporter
The Management of Federal Housing Authority FHA, under the leadership of Hon Oyetunde Oladimeji Ojo has asked residents of its estates in Abuja to provide approvals and approved documents and building plans for commercial purposes to the office of the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Federal Housing Authority FHA, Abuja forthwith.
A Press statement issued by the management and signed by the Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Chigelu on behalf of the authority directed the submission to be carried out at the Authority’s Head office, Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro , Abuja beginning from Wednesday , 3rd April , 2025.
The directives covers all buildings irrespective of the approval dates , that became expedient , following management discovery of sharp practices by commercial outlets ,as most of this buildings are built either without approval and or in contravention to the granted approval.
Chigelu stated that management discovered that some commercial buildings are in contravention of approval granted them, through alterations in total contravention to the development control regulations of the Authority.
Following the danger posed , management will not allow such negative consequences that will pave way for indiscriminate building collapse, therefore, a controlled demolition was carried out by the authority, with a building with structural defects in March , 2025, on 5th Avenue, Gwarimpa Estate.
Consequently, owners of commercial apartments, which included Hotels , Supermarkets, Hospitals, Schools and Banks including shopping malls through this announcement are expected to submit their approved plans for revalidation.
Management expect strict compliance to this directive, as violators will attract heavy sanctions with authority’s non negotiable stance .
The release further said ..
SPECIAL PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT
“The Management of Federal Housing Authority, FHA hereby calls on all owners of commercial properties in FHA Estates in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory to submit their approved building plans to the office of the Managing Director and Chief Executive, at the Authority’s head office, No 26 Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro Abuja from Wednesday, April 3rd, 2025.
“This directive which covers all buildings irrespective of when the approval was given, has become expedient following Management’s discovery that most commercial outlets in these Estates are built without approvals, or developed outside the granted approval.”
” Management has also discovered that some commercial buildings are in contravention of the approval granted them for alteration, in total contravention and disregard to Development Control regulations. ”
“Following the dangers posed by this development, the Management of FHA would not fold its hand to allow this looming disaster to happen. It is to avert the ugly incidence of building collapse that the Authority carried out a controlled demolition exercise of one of its buildings with structural defect on Monday, 24th March. 2025 in 5th Avenue. Gwarinpa estate.”
“Consequently, all owners of commercial outlets: hotels, supermarkets, hospitals, schools, banks, shopping malls etc through this announcement are requested to submit their building approved plans for revalidation. All such buildings must undergo an integrity test.
Strict compliance to this directive is not negotiable as severe sanctions await defaulters. “
News
Taraba Govt, NAPTIP Rescue 8 Trafficked Children, Arrest Suspects

By Nahum Sule, Jalingo
The Taraba State Government, in partnership with the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), has successfully intercepted eight trafficked children who were en route to the South East and Cameroon.
In a statement to journalists in Jalingo, the capital of Taraba State, Mrs. Mary Sinjen, the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Child Development, revealed that the children had been deceived and transported to various southeastern states in Nigeria.
According to her, the children were trafficked to locations such as Aba, Onitsha, and Imo State under the false pretence that they were orphans.
The interception took place in Gembu, the headquarters of the Sardauna Local Government Area, where it was reported that the traffickers were seeking additional children to abduct.
Mrs. Sinjen affirmed, “Thanks to the prompt response from the Ministry and NAPTIP, eight of the children have been safely returned to Taraba State.
“The primary suspect, Mrs. Patience, along with several of her accomplices, has been apprehended and is currently in custody as legal proceedings commence.
“Search and rescue operations for other trafficked children are ongoing.”
She further emphasised that the state government will not tolerate any unscrupulous individuals who exploit children’s rights for illicit gain.
“This administration is wholly committed to ensuring justice, rehabilitating victims, and enhancing inter-agency collaboration to combat child trafficking,” she stated.
“We urge all residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious activities, as the welfare and protection of our children is a collective responsibility.”
In the meantime, authorities in Taraba have reiterated the importance of community vigilance and reporting any suspicious activities, stressing that safeguarding children requires a unified effort.
National
CDS INTRODUCES ATTACK DRONES AND LOCALLY MADE BOMBS IN ABUJA

General Christopher Musa, the Chief of Defence Staff, has assured that all security challenges facing the nation will be effectively addressed by the year’s end.
This statement was made during the launch of attack drones and the demonstration of locally produced bombs, developed by a homegrown technology firm.
The event was attended by security specialists and senior government officials, as General Musa showcased the indigenous Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) to the audience.
Accompanied by Ajao Adewale, the Federal Capital Territory Commissioner of Police, and Caleb Mutfwang, the Governor of Plateau State, General Musa emphasized the ongoing bureaucratic obstacles in acquiring military equipment from abroad.
Governor Mutfwang stressed the urgency for decisive measures against insecurity, calling on leaders to prevent any entity within the nation from possessing military capabilities.
The operational features of the UAVs were also demonstrated, with General Musa expressing satisfaction with this advancement, labeling it a pivotal step in combating insecurity in the country.