• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Death toll from Enugu tanker explosion rises to 23 – FRSC

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
February 5, 2025
in News
0
Death toll from Enugu tanker explosion rises to 23 – FRSC
0
SHARES
11
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The death toll from the tanker explosion on Ugwu-Onyeama axis of the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway has risen from 21 to 23 as confirmed by the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC).

The Sector Commander of the FRSC, Enugu State Command, Mr Franklin Agbakoba, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Enugu on Tuesday that an additional two female victims died recently while in hospital admission.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

NAN recalls that the incident, which happened on Jan. 25, at about 11:30 a.m. when a fuel-laden tanker had a brake failure, fell and exploded, left 11 road users dead before emergency responders came to the scene.

NAN reports that the deceased were evacuated by the FRSC officers after officials of the Enugu State Fire Service extinguished the inferno while the injured were taken to hospitals within Enugu for treatment.

The death toll rose to 18 person after a day of the accident and 21 after four days and now 23 persons.

Agbakoba said that the additional two victims – one being admitted at the UNTH Ituku-Ozalla and another being admitted at the National Orthopedic Hospital, Enugu – could not make it after battling to live for about a week.

According to him, out of the five admitted in UNTH six days ago, one died at the end of the month and one female still admitted now.

“The remaining three patients in UNTH who are of the same family, secured discharge even against medical advice, relocated from the teaching hospital to seek traditional medical treatment for their injuries at home,” he said.

ALSO READ:  60 House Of Representatives Members Rally Behind For Parliamentary System

For the five victims of the accident admitted in ESUTH Teaching Hospital, Parklane, Enugu, six days ago, Agbakoba said that three of the female victims are still on admission at the hospital.

“Two of the admitted patients in ESUTH Teaching Hospital have been referred to the National Orthopedic Hospital, Enugu due to fire burn wounds,” he said.

He said that for the three victims admitted at the National Orthopedic Hospital, Enugu six days ago, one died recently and the remaining two surviving had been joined by one victim on referral from ESUTH Teaching Hospital.

“However, one of the two patients involved in the accident referred to the National Orthopedic Hospital, Enugu from ESUTH Teaching Hospital, left and did not report to where he was recently refered to,” he said.

Agbakoba, who is also a Corps Commander, had earlier disclosed that the incident involved 44 people as well as 16 vehicles, both commercial and private and a commercial tricycle.

He said that 23 persons, which included eight males and 15 females, were injured in the accident and rushed to three major government hospitals in Enugu namely: UNTH Ituku-Ozalla; ESUTH Teaching Hospital and National Orthopedic Hospital. (NAN)

Tags: tanker
Previous Post

NIS appoints Akinlabi as new spokesperson

Next Post

Emir Sanusi calls for calm over Kano demolition clash

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
Emir Sanusi calls for calm over Kano demolition clash

Emir Sanusi calls for calm over Kano demolition clash

Akpabio assures of speedy transmission of 2025 budget for Tinubu’s assent

Akpabio assures of speedy transmission of 2025 budget for Tinubu’s assent

Recommended

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

5 days ago
Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform