• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Boat mishap: Zamfara Govt. gives N20m to victims’ families

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 18, 2024
in News
0
0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Zamfara Government on Tuesday announced the donation of N20 million to families of victims of the recent boat accident in Uban Dawaki community in Gummi Local Government Area.

The Deputy Governor, Malam Mani Mummuni ,announced the donation during a sympathy visit to the Emir of Gummi, retired Justice Lawal Hassan, and families of the victims in Gumi.

RelatedPosts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Mummuni said the gesture was to cushion the hardship encountered by the victims’ families.

He said Gov.Dauda Lawal directed that the amount be disbursed to the affected families.

The deputy governor assured of the state government’s commitment to preventing the mishap from reoccurring.

He said the state government would collaborate with the Nigeria Inland Waterways Authority(NIWA)to provide life jackets in all the water transport stations in the state.

“Experts will also be deployed to sensitize operators as well as the users on prevention and safety measures.

“The use of life.jackets would be made compulsory for every passenger and operators.

“Violators of this measures would be sanctioned accordingly”, Mummun said.

In his remarks, the emir appreciated the state government’s gesture, saying it was timely.

He said the Idea of enforcing the use of life jackets was very critical and advised the government not to spare anyone who failed to comply with the directive.

The emir said that 13 bodies had been recovered while seven people involved in the accident were rescued .

ALSO READ:  Anniversary: Katsina Assembly passes 15 bills in 1 year

The Emir said 20 persons, not 40, were involved in the accident(NAN)

Previous Post

Lagdo Dam water will be released gradually to prevent flooding — NIHSA

Next Post

INEC rejects Abure as LP’s National Chairman

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted...

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Next Post
INEC rejects Abure as LP’s National Chairman

INEC rejects Abure as LP’s National Chairman

Nobody can put fire in Bauchi, we’ve volumes of water – Governor Mohammed tells Wike

Nobody can put fire in Bauchi, we’ve volumes of water – Governor Mohammed tells Wike

Recommended

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

6 days ago
Lassa Fever Outbreak in Bauchi: 11 Cases and Four Deaths Confirmed

Lassa Fever Outbreak in Bauchi: 11 Cases and Four Deaths Confirmed

11 hours ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,646)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform