• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Abia Orders 20 More Electric Buses, Expands Charging Stations

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
August 5, 2025
in News
0
Abia Orders 20 More Electric Buses, Expands Charging Stations
0
SHARES
7
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Abia government has ordered 20 additional electric buses for mass transit in addition to the 20 ordered earlier and increased the charging stations from 10 to 20.

The State commissioner for information, Okey Kanu, said this during a press briefing on the outcome of the Abia State government executive council meeting at the Government House, Umuahia, on Monday.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Mr Kanu said out of the first 20 buses expected to arrive in November, 12 will operate in Aba while eight will operate in Umuahia.

He said that among the remaining 20, some will operate on the Ohafia-Bende axis, adding that the arrival of the buses will transform the transport sector of the state.

Mr Kanu said the construction of the bus terminals in Umuahia and Aba was ongoing alongside junction improvement works and building of bus shelters.

He also revealed that: “Abia state government, in conjunction with Ethnocentric limited, has taken on board 1,200 Abia youths for the second cohort of Fashion Future Skills Programme in garments and leather works.

“This programme is designed to impart skills to Abia youths in garment-making and leatherworks.

“The programme has so far attracted over $3 million in sponsorship funding from MasterCard Foundation.”

He said Abia State sports ministry, in collaboration with the ministry of arts, culture and creative economy, has launched the ambitious Abia State Creative Talent Hunt Initiative.

ALSO READ:  National Assembly commends FIRS for surpassing 2024 target, sets 2025 goal

Mr Kanu said the hunt is designed to empower young innovators and talents in music.

He said the sports ministry was working assiduously to celebrate this year’s Youth Day, slated for 6th to 12th August, entitled “Youth Empowerment for Sustainable Future”.

The commissioner said the activities lined up for the event included a youth assembly, symposium and interstate youth exchange visits.

He also added that Abia has procured a Wheelchair-accessible bus for disabled athletes for the International Sports Championships coming up from September 3 to October 12.

Mr Kanu said the Falconets from Abia, who won the tournament for Nigeria, will be appreciated in December because they hurriedly returned to their clubs for engagements.

He said Abia’s ministry of creative arts, supporting a young Abia citizen, Nuel Geoffrey, has broken a painting record of the Guinness Book of World Records for the number of faces painted in an hour.

He said Mr Geoffrey painted 275 faces to break the record earlier held, which is 217 faces painted in one hour.

“The official confirmation of this feat is being awaited was made possible through the support of Otti via the ministry of arts, culture and creative economy,” he said.

Mr Kanu said that the ministry of arts is also compiling an all year round book featuring Abia’s cultural festivals, a compendium of cultural festivals, calendar, key heritage sites, and others across the state to encourage tourism.

“The ongoing recruitment of Abia Health workforce is progressing very well, and 1,604 applications have been receive,d and the portal will close on August 9.

ALSO READ:  SERAP To Tinubu: Withhold Allocations from States Without Credible LG Polls

“We therefore encourage all qualified health personnel to apply for available positions before the closure of the portal,” Mr Kanu said.

He further said 17 fully equipped primary healthcare Centres are now functional and offering care services to residents across the state.

The commissioner enjoined communities where they are located to ensure preservation and protection from criminals.

Mr Kanu said that there were no new cases of diseases of public interest in the state, ranging from Lassa fever, monkey pox, cholera, yellow fever and diphtheria.

(NAN)

Tags: Abia stateElectric Buses
Previous Post

SAPZ Will Drive Nigeria’s Agricultural Industrial Revolution – Shettima

Next Post

Wike Outlines Conditions for PDP National Convention to Foster Unity

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
Wike Outlines Conditions for PDP National Convention to Foster Unity

Wike Outlines Conditions for PDP National Convention to Foster Unity

Internal Tensions, Power Plays, and Allegations of Underperformance Threaten NSSF Stability

Internal Tensions, Power Plays, and Allegations of Underperformance Threaten NSSF Stability

Recommended

Nigerian Man Shot Dead in South Africa

Nigerian Man Shot Dead in South Africa

7 days ago
EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform