A leading governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Taraba State, Chief David Sabo Kente, has withdrawn from the party’s 2027 primary election, just hours before the scheduled exercise.
Kente announced his decision during a press briefing in Jalingo on Wednesday, stating that it followed extensive consultations with party leaders, stakeholders, political associates, and supporters across the state.
The APC chieftain said his withdrawal was intended to preserve the unity, peace, and stability of the party in Taraba ahead of the 2027 general elections.
He revealed that top party figures, including the APC National Chairman, Professor Nentawe Yiltwada, had appealed to aggrieved members and aspirants to prioritise the party’s interest over personal ambition.
“I decided to step aside in the overall interest of the party and the unity of the APC in Taraba State,” Kente said.
He emphasised that his governorship ambition was never driven by personal gain but by the encouragement of stakeholders and supporters who believed in his vision for the state.
Kente also dismissed widespread reports that he had been financially induced to withdraw.
“Nobody gave me money to step down. My decision was purely based on consultations and the need to strengthen our party,” he stated.
The former aspirant reaffirmed his loyalty to the APC and pledged continued support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the party leadership at state and national levels.
He urged his supporters across Taraba’s 16 local government areas to remain calm, peaceful, and committed to the APC, assuring them that his political journey and dedication to the state’s development remain unchanged.
Kente added that he would soon communicate his next political direction to his supporters and political structure.








