• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

16 Inmates Escaped From Keffi Custodial Centre – NCoS

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
August 12, 2025
in News
0
16 Inmates Escaped From Keffi Custodial Centre – NCoS
0
SHARES
10
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) has said 16 inmates escaped from the Medium Security Custodial Centre, Keffi, Nasarawa State, in the early hours of Tuesday.

The Service Public Relations Officer (SPRO), Abubakar Umar, said this in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja.

RelatedPosts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Mr Umar said that some inmates breached the facility’s security, attacked personnel on duty and compromised the situation, enabling the escape.

He said that in the process of containing the incident, five officers of the custodial centre sustained varying degrees of injuries.

He added that two personnel were in serious condition and receiving urgent medical attention at a government health facility.

He stated, “Seven of the fleeing inmates have so far been recaptured and returned to custody.’’

Mr Umar added that the Controller-General of Corrections, Sylvester Nwakuche, visited the facility and ordered a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the escape.

He quoted Mr Nwakuche as saying that no staff would be spared if found culpable, noting that an immediate search operation had been launched in collaboration with sister security agencies to recapture the remaining inmates.

He urged members of the public to remain calm, vigilant and promptly report any suspicious movements or sighting of the fleeing inmates to the nearest security formation.

He added that preliminary investigations were ongoing and reassured the public of the service’s unwavering commitment to public safety and the security of all custodial facilities nationwide.

ALSO READ:  Wike promises support to private investors in FCT

(NAN)

Tags: inmatesNCoS
Previous Post

PDP Grassroots, 147 Councillor Aspirants Revolt Against Dauda Lawal In Zamfara

Next Post

Court Gives FG September Deadline to Conclude 10-year Trial of Ex-NSA Dasuki

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Next Post
Court Gives FG September Deadline to Conclude 10-year Trial of Ex-NSA Dasuki

Court Gives FG September Deadline to Conclude 10-year Trial of Ex-NSA Dasuki

SSANU Gives Taraba Gov. Kefas Two Weeks to Meet Demands or Face Varsity Shutdown

SSANU Gives Taraba Gov. Kefas Two Weeks to Meet Demands or Face Varsity Shutdown

Recommended

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

6 days ago
Tinubu’s Final Intervention in Rivers’ Political Crisis, Says Wike

Tinubu’s Final Intervention in Rivers’ Political Crisis, Says Wike

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,644)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform