• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Wike asks security agencies to go after criminals, donates 50 vehicles

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
December 12, 2024
in News
0
0
SHARES
15
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Nyesom Wike has donated 50 operational vehicles to security agencies in the territory.

Wike, while handing over the vehicles in Abuja on Thursday, asked the security agencies to take the war to the criminals in their hideouts across the FCT.

RelatedPosts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

He urged the security agencies not to give the criminal space or allow them to strike before they go after them.

“You have to take the war to them; let them know that we are serious.

“This festive period, make sure that we don’t give them any gap,” the minister said.

He said that so far, the FCT Administration had donated 100 operational vehicles to security agencies, with 50 of the vehicles earlier distributed in July.

The minister boasted that there was significant improvement in the security situation in the territory following a series of interventions by the current administration.

“People can attest to the fact that there is improvement in security in Abuja. When we came here a year ago, it was not that easy with people complaining that insecurity has taken over Abuja.

“We engaged the stakeholders in all the area councils and assured them that they will see a change and I thank God that people have been confessing that they have seen the change and that they can now sleep with their two eyes closed,” he said.

ALSO READ:  Court rejects Binance executive’s fresh bail plea

Wike disclosed that the FCTA was currently building 12 Police Divisional Officers across the six area councils.

He said that the offices would be completed, furnished and handed over to the police hopefully in April 2025.

This, according to him, is part of FCTA’s support to enhance security in the city centre and the satellite towns.

“Security is key in any government. A government that cannot take care of their people, protect lives and property has no business to be in government.

“The central thing of governance is security. Once your people can have confidence and can sleep with their two eyes closed then other things will follow,” he said.

Also, Director of FCTA’s Security Services Department, Mr Adamu Gwary, said that the logistics and operational support was also being extended to organised vigilante and hunters’ groups.

Gwary said that the vigilantes and hunter’s groups were being supported because they were complementing the efforts of security agencies in rural areas.

He said that there was a significant drop in the reported cases of crime and criminality in the FCT with particular reference to kidnappings, banditry, herders/farmers clashes and communal clashes.

According to him, these security challenges are literally becoming extinct in the FCT.

“The Administration strongly believes that the provision of these crime fighting equipment will greatly empower and enhance the capacity of our security agencies in fighting crime and criminalities.

“It will also help security agencies to respond promptly to distress situations as well as rise to the security challenges confronting the territory.

ALSO READ:  Inspection: Driving School Operator Shuts Out DRT Officers

“More is expected to come in ensuring the provision of effective security coverage of the territory.”

The Commissioner of Police, FCT Command, Olatunji Disu, who spoke on behalf of the security agencies thanked Wike for the continued support.

Disu said that the donation of the operational vehicles underscored the commitment of the FCT Administration to enhance the operational capabilities of security agencies.

“Your support is not merely logistical; it is a testament to your unwavering belief in our mission to safeguard the lives and properties of all citizens within the FCT.

“These vehicles will significantly enhance our ability to respond swiftly to emergencies, conduct patrols, and engage in community policing initiatives,” the commissioner said. (NAN)

Tags: vehicles
Previous Post

Judiciary, media key pillars of democracy, says CJN

Next Post

68 journalists killed in 2024 – UNESCO report

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Next Post
68 journalists killed in 2024 – UNESCO report

68 journalists killed in 2024 – UNESCO report

NAFDAC warns against use of Deekins Amoxycillin 500mg capsule

NAFDAC warns against use of Deekins Amoxycillin 500mg capsule

Recommended

EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

6 days ago
Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,643)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform