• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Troops Kill 15 Terrorists, Arrest Scores in Northern States

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
July 12, 2025
in News
0
Troops Kill 15 Terrorists, Arrest Scores in Northern States
0
SHARES
9
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

In a series of coordinated operations across the country, troops of the Nigerian Army on Thursday neutralised more than 15 terrorists and recovered multiple weapons and ammunition.

 

RelatedPosts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

A credible insider source told journalists that troops had continued to record significant successes against terrorists and criminal elements nationwide.

The source said that in the North-East, troops conducted offensive operations targeting ISWAP/JAS enclaves in the Tangalanga and Bula Marwa areas of the Bama Local Government Area of Borno.

He said the combined troops include those of the 21 Special Armoured Brigade, 152 Task Force Battalion, Hybrid Forces, and Civilian JTF.

According to the source, troops engaged and neutralised three terrorists during firefights and destroyed enemy structures.

He said the recovered items included six AK-47 rifle magazines, 90 rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition, and a terrorist flag.

“Similarly, in Yobe, troops of the 27 Task Force Brigade and Hybrid Forces successfully ambushed ISWAP/JAS terrorists in Ngalda, Manjim, and Wulle villages of Gujba Local Government Area.

“During the operation, six terrorists were neutralised, and troops recovered three motorcycles and three bicycles.

“In Kebbi State, troops of the 223 Battalion conducted a fighting patrol to Yarkuka village in Danko-Wasagu LGA following credible intelligence on terrorist activity.

“Troops made contact with the terrorists, neutralising several of them and recovering one AK-47 rifle,” the source said.

The source further revealed that troops of 1 Battalion in a related operation, pursued fleeing terrorists who had earlier injured civilians and rustled livestock in the Mera village, Augie LGA of Kebbi State.

ALSO READ:  FG re-opens Independence Bridge in Lagos

According to him, troops recovered 73 rams and 15 cows, which were returned to their rightful owners.

He stated that troops of the 12 Brigade and local vigilante forces also neutralised one kidnapper following a firefight in Igori village in Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area of Kogi, adding that the remaining assailants escaped with injuries.

“In Bauchi State, a notorious violent extremist kingpin, Gambo Sani, who was arrested by troops of the 33 Artillery Brigade, attempted to disarm soldiers while being moved for further investigation.

“He was neutralised during the scuffle within the Lame Burra Forest in Toro LGA.

“Likewise, in Kaduna State, a criminal suspect previously arrested by troops of Operation SAFE HAVEN deployed at FOB Sanga attempted to escape while leading troops to a terrorist’s hideout in Gwantu, Sanga Local Government Area.

“The suspect was neutralised in the process, and the body was handed over to the Nigerian Police for further action,” the source added.

The source also revealed that an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was safely detonated by troops of the 403 Amphibious Brigade along the Baga–Cross Kauwa route in Kukawa LGA of Borno.

He added that two gun runners were apprehended in the Wukari LGA of Taraba, with the recovery of one AK-47 rifle, 16 rounds of ammunition, a motorcycle, and a mobile phone.

“Furthermore, in Anambra, troops of the 302 Artillery Regiment and the 14 Field Engineer Regiment apprehended a suspected IPOB/ESN collaborator at Azia Junction in Ihiala Local Government Area.

“The suspect allegedly collected ₦1.5 million from a bereaved family on behalf of the criminals.

ALSO READ:  Rep. sponsors cancer screening for 2,000 women, girls in Kaduna

“These operations stress the Nigerian Army’s resolve and professionalism in combating terrorism and other security threats, maintaining dominance across multiple theatres, and ensuring the safety and security of the Nigerian populace,” the source added.

(NAN)

Tags: Terrorists
Previous Post

Restoring Trust: Nigeria’s Commitment To Civil Liberties In The Fight Against Corruption

Next Post

Alleged N29 Billion Fraud: Ex-governor Nyako, EFCC Consider Out-of-Court Settlement

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Next Post
Alleged N29 Billion Fraud: Ex-governor Nyako, EFCC Consider Out-of-Court Settlement

Alleged N29 Billion Fraud: Ex-governor Nyako, EFCC Consider Out-of-Court Settlement

Mining Marshals Under Siege: Minister Alake Exposes Blackmail Attempts

Mining Marshals Under Siege: Minister Alake Exposes Blackmail Attempts

Recommended

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

9 hours ago
Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform