• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

Transfer Suit On Withheld Osun LG Funds Back To Osogbo, Lawyer Tells Court

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 22, 2025
in National
0
Transfer Suit On Withheld Osun LG Funds Back To Osogbo, Lawyer Tells Court

Transfer Suit On Withheld Osun LG Funds Back To Osogbo, Lawyer Tells Court

0
SHARES
7
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Federal High Court in Abuja has fixed September 29 for hearing of a motion by the Osun state government challenging the jurisdiction of the court to hear a suit against withheld Local Government fund in Abuja Division of the court.

The state government on Monday, insisted that since the vacation of the court came to an end on September 16, the case should be transferred back to Osogbo for appropriate hearing and determination of the suit.

RelatedPosts

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

BREAKING: FG Opens Case Against Justice Crack

BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja Grants El Rufai 100M Bail

It’s motion challenging the jurisdiction of the Abuja Division was predicated on two grounds which are that, the fiat granted the Attorney General of the Federation for the matter the matter to be heard doing vacation in Abuja had been overtaken on the ground that the vacation has come to an end.

The motion filed by its lead counsel, Musibau Adetumbi, SAN also challenged the validity of a purpoted letter from the office of the Chief Judge of the court mandating Justice Emeka Nwite to substantively determine the suit in Abuja.

The grouse of Adetumbi against the letter was that, it was signed by a person who claimed to be Personal Assistant to the Personal Assistant of the Chief Judge.

Adetumbi contended that the Personal Assistant to the Personal Assistant of the Chief Judge is a busy body and a person unknown to law to sign such a sensitive document.

ALSO READ:  FG Must Stop Threatening Nigerians For Criticising Govt – Amnesty Int’l

Insisting that the integrity of the letter is in doubt, the senior lawyer pleaded with Justice Nwite to first, determine the validity of the letter before proceeding to the substantive matter.

However, counsel to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Dr. Muritala Abdulrasheed, SAN and that of the Accountant General of the Federation, Alhaji Tajudeen Oladoja, SAN, who are defendants in the suit challenged the application of the plaintiff, alleging that, it was a ploy to delay the expeditious hearing of the matter.

The two senior lawyers told the court that the tenure of the elected APC Chairmen and Councilors will come to an end on October 22 and as such, their case will become academic if not expeditiously heard.

After taking arguments from the parties, Justice Nwite fixed September 29 to hear the application by the Osun state government and any other that borders on the jurisdiction first before proceeding to any other one.

Earlier, the Judge had struck out the name of the AGF, who was the 3rd defendant in the suit following the discontinuance of the matter against him by the plaintiff.

Plaintiff counsel said the matter was discontinued against the AGF as another suit against him is pending before the Supreme Court.

The suit filed by the Attorney General of Osun state, Oluwole Jimi-Bada on behalf of the state government is seeking to restrain the CBN from opening accounts for the chairmen elected on the platform of the APC in 2022 whom the state government affirmed have been sacked by the same Federal High Court and affirmed by the Court of Appeal.

ALSO READ:  Ex-Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke Denies Bribery Charges in UK Court

The suit, which was filed on behalf of Osun State by the state Attorney General, Oluwole Jimi-Bada, seeks to restrain the CBN and the AGF from opening and maintaining accounts for the local government chairmen elected in October 2022 under the APC.

The chairmen in question were elected in an election that only featured candidates from the APC.

Specifically, the plaintiff wants “an interim injunction restraining the defendants from opening, operating, or maintaining local government accounts in favour of the Chairmen and Councillors who have been sacked or removed from office by a subsisting judgment of the Federal High Court.”

Another relief seeks to restrain the CBN and Accountant General of the Federation “from disbursing allocations to the sacked APC Chairmen and Councillors.”

Previous Post

Canal+ Finalizes Acquisition of MultiChoice, Expanding Media Reach Across Three Continents

Next Post

Taraba Sets Target to Vaccinate 1.6 Million Children in Measles-Rubella Campaign

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

By Ojima-ojo Abubakar The All Progressives Congress (APC) has barred 47 senatorial aspirants from participating in its senate primary elections....

BREAKING: FG Opens Case Against Justice Crack

BREAKING: FG Opens Case Against Justice Crack

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

The federal government has open its case against popular blogger and social media influencer Justice Chidebere also known as Justice...

BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja Grants El Rufai 100M Bail

BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja Grants El Rufai 100M Bail

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in the sum of...

Next Post
Taraba Sets Target to Vaccinate 1.6 Million Children in Measles-Rubella Campaign

Taraba Sets Target to Vaccinate 1.6 Million Children in Measles-Rubella Campaign

68 Kano Inmates Excel in NECO Exams

68 Kano Inmates Excel in NECO Exams

Recommended

COWA President to Lead “Walk for a Greener Nigeria” Climate Advocacy Campaign in Abuja

COWA President to Lead “Walk for a Greener Nigeria” Climate Advocacy Campaign in Abuja

5 days ago
NSE President Urges Engineers to Enter 2027 Political Race

NSE President Urges Engineers to Enter 2027 Political Race

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jaba APC Leaders Unveil 2027 Consensus Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (833)
  • Education (276)
  • Entertainment (404)
  • Health (251)
  • National (3,329)
  • News (10,362)
  • Opinion (444)
  • Politics (2,165)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (718)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform