• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

Tinubu Approves N2 Billion for Resettlement of Niger Flood Victims

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
June 4, 2025
in National
0
Nasarawa govt. directs residents of flood-prone areas to relocate
0
SHARES
18
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

President Bola Tinubu has approved N2 billion for the immediate reconstruction of homes of people affected by the recent flood disaster in Mokwa, Niger.

Vice President, Kashim Shettima, disclosed this when he visited the victims in Mokwa town, Mokwa Local Government Area of the state on Wednesday.

RelatedPosts

Ramadan 2026 Begins In Nigeria, Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

FHA Mall Debuts in Abuja

He assured that the federal government would address issues raised by the affected victims of the flood disaster.

He said, “The President specifically instructed me to come to Mokwa to commiserate with the people over the tragedy that befell the town. His heart is with the grieving people of Mokwa. All issues raised will be addressed by the federal government in collaboration with the Niger State government.’’

Mr Kashim disclosed that the President also directed the ministers for environment and state for agriculture to relocate to Niger State to ensure immediate intervention under the ACRSAL project for drainage issues in Mokwa town.

He added that 20 trucks of food items had been approved by Mr Tinubu for distribution to the victims in collaboration with the village head of Mokwa.

He commended the deputy governor and the Director General of the National Emergency Management Agency for their proactiveness in handling the situation.

In his remarks, the Deputy Governor, Yakubu Garba, appealed to the federal government for quick intervention to address the impact of the disaster.

ALSO READ:  Kuriga Sch. Children: SOKAPU Youths Commend Tinubu, Uba Sani, Army

“We are saddened as s state due to the flood disaster; we commend NEMA DG for promptly responding to the disaster. We need quick intervention as the four collapsed bridges have cut down social and economic activities especially in Rabba as students cannot come to Mokwa when there’s rainfall, the bridge needs to be fixed,” he said.

He disclosed that over 2,000 houses were destroyed, and victims managing with people, adding that the state had available land that could be used to build houses for them.

Earlier, the Etsu Nupe, Yahaya Abubakar, appealed to the federal government to intervene in several road projects in Mokwa and across the state.

“There is an ongoing road project bypassing Mokwa town, but because of compensation, the work has stopped. We appeal to the FG to fast-track the project as it is making life unbearable for the people,” he said.

He also appealed to the federal government to complete the Mokwa-Brini-Gwari Kaduna Road, Lambata-Bida road, Bida-Patigi road, and Agaie-Match Boro roads.

He further called for the deployment of an ecological team to address ecological issues in the town, while appreciating Mr Tinubu for directing the vice president to visit the area to commiserate with the victims.

Also speaking, Village Head of Mokwa (Ndalile of Mokwa), Mohammed Aliyu, appreciated the federal government for the show of support to the community since the flood disaster.

(NAN)

Previous Post

Tragic Collapse Claims Lives at Kaduna Block-Making Site

Next Post

Nwawuba: Pioneering National Assembly Library Trust Fund , NALTF, to Fruition

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Ramadan 2026 Begins In Nigeria, Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting

Ramadan 2026 Begins In Nigeria, Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

Ramadan 2026 begins in Nigeria after crescent sightings, the Sultan of Sokoto announces. Find confirmed start date, what fasting entails...

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

Nigeria’s telecom sector is back on investors’ radar. Fresh data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that the...

FHA Mall Debuts in Abuja

FHA Mall Debuts in Abuja

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

By Our Reporter The Managing Director, Federal Housing Authority, FHA, Rt Honorable Oyetunde Olubunmi Ojo said the idea of proliferation...

Next Post
Nwawuba: Pioneering National Assembly Library Trust Fund , NALTF, to Fruition

Nwawuba: Pioneering National Assembly Library Trust Fund , NALTF, to Fruition

OSSAP-SDGs Commissions State-of-the-Art Home and School for the Blind in Lagos to Advance Inclusive Education

OSSAP-SDGs Commissions State-of-the-Art Home and School for the Blind in Lagos to Advance Inclusive Education

Recommended

Rescue in Borno: 11 Civilians Freed, 16 ISWAP Fighters Killed

Rescue in Borno: 11 Civilians Freed, 16 ISWAP Fighters Killed

7 days ago
FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,647)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform