• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Okpebholo pledges compensation for Uromi 16 victims

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
April 1, 2025
in News
0
Okpebholo pledges compensation for Uromi 16 victims
0
SHARES
6
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo of Edo on Monday pledged to compensate the families of the 16 slain hunters.

They were allegedly murdered by a vigilante group at Uromi, Edo while on their way to Kano.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

He made the pledge when, in company of his Kano State counterpart, Abba Yusuf, he paid a condolence visit to the families of the late hunters at Torankawa in Kano State.

”We are making arrangements to provide compensation to all the victims affected by this incident”, he said.

Okpebholo commended the people Kano State for remaining calm in spite of the situation.

”I also commend the good people of Kano State and the entire north for not taking the law into their own hands and carry out reprisal attacks,” he said.

He prayed for the repose of the souls of the late hunters.

” We are here to commiserate with the families of the dead,

“We assure you that the perpetrators will be brought to justice.

” May Almighty God forgive the souls of the victims and reward them with paradise,” he said

The Edo governor said that already arrests had been made.

“About 14 suspects have been arrested already; we will pursue the case until its logical conclusion.

“We are making arrangements to provide compensation to all the families affected by this incident”, he said.

Earlier, Yusuf, while praying for the souls of the victims, said that all hands were on the deck to ensure that justice prevailed.

ALSO READ:  Energy Reforms Advocates Warn Against Plans by NNPCL, Cabal to Cripple Dangote, Local Refineries in Nigeria

” We are working closely with my counterpart , Governor Okpebholo to ensure that all those arrested are prosecuted.

” We will also ensure full compensation for all the affected victims”, he said.

”I pledged cash and food items to the families of victims,” he said .

He also promised that compensation would be paid to the victims’ families, adding that the government would not relent in pursuing justice for the victims. (NAN)

Previous Post

APC grants Governor Otu automatic ticket for 2027 election

Next Post

‘Labake Olododo’ tops Nigerian box office with N50.4m

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post

‘Labake Olododo’ tops Nigerian box office with N50.4m

Katsina State, beacon of hope, opportunities, says Radda

Katsina State, beacon of hope, opportunities, says Radda

Recommended

FG Secures $500 Million in Export Revenue in 2025 – Minister’s

FG Secures $500 Million in Export Revenue in 2025 – Minister’s

7 days ago
FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform