• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Madagascar President Alleges Coup Plot Amid Soldiers’ Protest

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
October 12, 2025
in News
0
Madagascar President Alleges Coup Plot Amid Soldiers’ Protest
0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Madagascar’s President Andry Rajoelina says there is an ongoing plot to grab power illegally as soldiers joined the youth-led protests that have shaken the Indian Ocean country for weeks.

The protesters are demanding that Rajoelina step down.

RelatedPosts

BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja Grants El Rufai 100M Bail

BREAKING: Fresh airstrikes launched on ISIS enclave in Nigeria

Imo east APC aspirant Enwere withdraws from 2027 senate race

On Saturday, CAPSAT forces, an elite army unit in the country, joined the protests against the president.

CAPSAT condemned the use of force against civilians and urged fellow soldiers to refuse orders to open fire on protesters.

Their arrival was greeted with cheers from demonstrators, some of whom had clashed with security officials during the week.

The CAPSAT unit had supported Rajoelina during the 2009 coup that first brought him to power.

He later won the presidential election in 2018, completed a full term and was re-elected in 2023.

As the protests got underway, Madagascar’s presidency issued a statement on Sunday saying an attempt to take power by force had been initiated on national territory.

The statement said Rajoelina condemned the move, insisting on dialogue as the “only way out”.

Hours after the announcement, CAPSAT said it had taken over the leadership of the military command and is now in control of all the armed forces – land, air, and naval.

The army unit also named Demosthene Pikulas, a general, as its new chief of staff.

It is the most serious problem Rajoelina has had to tackle since his re-election.

ALSO READ:  National Assembly absolves JAMB of alleged misappropriation

The president has since dissolved his cabinet and named a new prime minister.

But that has done little to soothe the raging protesters.

L

Tags: Magadasgar
Previous Post

Kano Pillars Fans Attack Referees During 3SC Clash

Next Post

N’Assembly to Hold Public Hearing on Electoral Act Amendment

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja Grants El Rufai 100M Bail

BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja Grants El Rufai 100M Bail

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in the sum of...

BREAKING: Fresh airstrikes launched on ISIS enclave in Nigeria

BREAKING: Fresh airstrikes launched on ISIS enclave in Nigeria

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

The United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) and Nigerian forces have carried out additional airstrikes against ‌Islamic State in northeastern Nigeria....

Imo east APC aspirant Enwere withdraws from 2027 senate race

Imo east APC aspirant Enwere withdraws from 2027 senate race

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

An aspirant for the Imo East Senatorial District under the ruling All Progressives Congress, Hon. Belusochukwu M. Enwere, has withdrawn...

Next Post
N'Assembly to Hold Public Hearing on Electoral Act Amendment

N'Assembly to Hold Public Hearing on Electoral Act Amendment

Bwala Claims Nigerians Safer Under Tinubu's Administration

Bwala Claims Nigerians Safer Under Tinubu's Administration

Recommended

Ecobank, AGRA partner to boost Africa’s agricultural value chains

Ecobank, AGRA partner to boost Africa’s agricultural value chains

3 days ago
Tinubu, Kagame Pledge Stronger Nigeria-Rwanda Ties

Tinubu, Kagame Pledge Stronger Nigeria-Rwanda Ties

4 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jaba APC Leaders Unveil 2027 Consensus Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (833)
  • Education (276)
  • Entertainment (404)
  • Health (251)
  • National (3,327)
  • News (10,359)
  • Opinion (444)
  • Politics (2,164)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (718)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform