• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

JUST IN: Dangote Refinery Overhauls Staff in Response to Sabotage Attempts

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 26, 2025
in News
0
JUST IN: Dangote Refinery Overhauls Staff in Response to Sabotage Attempts

JUST IN: Dangote Refinery Overhauls Staff in Response to Sabotage Attempts

0
SHARES
15
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The management of Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemicals has embarked on a sweeping reorganisation of its operations and workforce.

The refinery said the decision was taken in response to repeated sabotage by staff members that threatened the operational safety of the 650,000 barrels per day facility.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

In a letter dated September 24, 2025, and signed by the Chief General Manager, Human Asset Management, Femi Adekunle, the refinery said it was “constrained to carry out a total reorganisation of the plant” following “many recent cases of reported sabotage in different units of the Petroleum Refinery leading to major safety concerns.”

Affected staff were directed to hand over all company property to their line managers and await clearance before receiving their entitlements, which the Finance Department would compute in line with their conditions of service.

However, a senior official of Dangote Petroleum Refinery & Petrochemicals dismissed reports that the company sacked workers en masse, insisting that the recent development was a reorganisation exercise aimed at curbing sabotage within the plant.

Speaking to Journalist on Friday, the official, who confirmed the authenticity of the disengagement letter, stressed that its interpretation had been largely misrepresented.

“Yes, the letter is correct. But the interpretation is wrong. The interpretation is that it affects some people because of certain things discovered in the refinery. It has nothing to do with unionism or anything like that,” the official said.

ALSO READ:  Security Crisis: NMFAC storms NASS, demands release of 253 abducted pupils

According to him, the move was designed to plug leakages and protect the company’s assets following repeated acts of sabotage.

“It doesn’t mean they have been sacked. That is incorrect. What was done was to put a check in place. It is more like a clean-up in the system to check where those sabotage and leakages are coming from and then address them. As soon as the issues are addressed, they will be reabsorbed. That is why it is not a sack and that word wasn’t used,” he explained.

He added that the exercise was carried out suddenly to prevent those involved in the alleged sabotage from concealing their actions.

“Some acts of sabotage have been noticed repeatedly and the company is only trying to safeguard its assets. Also, you cannot do things like this and give two weeks’ notice; otherwise, those in the act would cover up and complicate issues,” he said.

The official further clarified that refinery operations were ongoing and that both Nigerians and expatriates were still actively working at the plant.

 

“As we speak, people are still working at the refinery. The people affected know themselves, and those who did not get the letter are not affected. Anyone who doesn’t have a hand in sabotage has nothing to worry about,” he stressed.

When contacted, Dangote spokesperson, Anthony Chiejina, did not respond to messages sent to him by our correspondent

A copy of the disengagement letter, obtained by our correspondent on Friday, was addressed to all staff of Dangote Petroleum Refinery & Petrochemicals FZE and Dangote Industries Free Zone Development Company.

ALSO READ:  Military kills 2, 245 terrorists, apprehends 3,682 others in 3 months

It read, “In view of the many recent cases of reported sabotage in different units of the Petroleum Refinery leading to major safety concerns, the Management is constrained to carry out a total re-organisation of the plant.

“As a consequence of this development, we wish to inform you that your services are no longer required, with effect from the eve of Thursday, the 25th September, 2025.

“Please surrender all the Company’s properties in your possession to your line manager and obtain an exit clearance accordingly, but the date for doing so will be communicated to you later.

“The Finance Department, by a copy of this letter, is advised to compute all your benefits and entitlements in line with your terms of employment and conditions of service and pay the amount due to you (less all indebtedness), subject to the condition that you have obtained the exit clearance certificate as mentioned above.

“We seize this opportunity to thank you for your services while you were in our employment.”

The refinery, which commenced production in 2024 amid fanfare and expectations of ending Nigeria’s decades-long reliance on imported petroleum products, is already battling operational turbulence and industrial disputes.

Recently, the refinery was enmeshed in a bitter row with the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers over labour practices and safety standards.

The oil workers’ union had accused the company of “high-handedness” and warned against what it described as an emerging pattern of unfair labour practices.

The plant also faced friction with the Depot and Petroleum Products Marketers Association of Nigeria over product pricing and distribution arrangements, with marketers alleging that Dangote imposed rigid conditions that could distort the downstream market.

ALSO READ:  Nigeria, UK Convict Over 9,000, Arrest 52, 000 For Illicit Drug Offences
Tags: Dangote refinery
Previous Post

Diesel-laden Tanker Catches Fire On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway

Next Post

JUST-IN: Ladoja Crowned 44th Olubadan Of Ibadanland

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
JUST-IN: Ladoja Crowned 44th Olubadan Of Ibadanland

JUST-IN: Ladoja Crowned 44th Olubadan Of Ibadanland

BREAKING: I Will Clear My Schedule To Visit Benue People On Wednesday — Tinubu

Ethnic Youths Urge Tinubu To Probe Security Chiefs

Recommended

I’m building a strong coalition to challenge APC – Atiku

Atiku Criticizes Flaws in Both Electronic and Manual Election Results Transmission

6 days ago
Nigeria Unveils Critical Push to Fortify Poultry, Safeguard Food Supply Amid Disease Threat

Nigeria Unveils Critical Push to Fortify Poultry, Safeguard Food Supply Amid Disease Threat

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform