• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

JAMB reschedules exams for 24,535 candidates

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
June 2, 2024
in News
0
JAMB reschedules exams for 24,535 candidates

JAMB reschedules exams for 24,535 candidates

0
SHARES
11
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says a supplementary 2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for 24,535 candidates has been scheduled for Saturday, June 22, 2024 for some candidates.

This is disclosed in a statement to newsmen in Abuja on Sunday by the Board’s spokesperson, Dr Fabian Benjamin.

RelatedPosts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Benjamin said the rescheduled examination, taking place two weeks from now, would give affected candidates adequate time to prepare for the exercise.

He said the candidates include those from Kwara State College of Arabic and Islamic Legal Studies (CAILS) and the Kwara State University (KWASU), on the CAILS-KWASU Diploma programme.

Others are some 20,550 of the candidates whose results were up till now under investigation and 2,702 of candidates whose fingers could not be verified who were given the benefit of doubts to sit for the 2024 UTME.

He said the remaining 322 candidates have been migrated to the category of candidates under examination misconduct as a prima-facie case had clearly been established that those who had registered were not those who appeared for the examination.

He said that the number of examination misconduct had also increased by 322 to 431.

Benjamin added that the board had released additional 3,921 outstanding 2024 UTME results.

“The Board has painstakingly analysed the process and conduct of the 2024 UTME in some centres where there are strong proofs of substantial non-compliance with the Board’s standards.

ALSO READ:  Police arraign woman, 36, over alleged stealing

“Consequently, 24,535 candidates have been rescheduled to retake the examination in their chosen examination towns on Saturday, June 22, 2024.

“Meanwhile, 3,921 outstanding 2024 UTME results that had been cleared have now been released.

“Therefore, concerned candidates are urged to check their results from Saturday, June 1, 2024 by sending RESULT to 55019 or 66019 to ascertain their status as those cleared would have their results while those rescheduled would be told that they had been rescheduled,” he said.

He urged the rescheduled candidates to print their supplementary examination notification slip from Tuesday, June 4, 2024 to ascertain their designated examination centres.

He said the additional 3,921 released results brought the total results released so far to 1,883,350.

He, however, said this notice did not concern candidates whose results had earlier been released.

He added that candidates with prima facie case(s) of examination misconduct would be further interrogated to establish their culpability after which appropriate measures would be taken on them and announced.

He also said the Board after yielding to pleas of many stakeholders and authorities for the extension of the 2024 Direct Entry (DE) registration had decided to bring the DE registration to a close on Monday, June 17, 2024.

Benjamin said in order to facilitate the wrap-up of the registration, it had expanded the DE registration points beyond the Professional Registration Centres (PRCs) owned by JAMB.

“The states where there is upsurge of prospective DE candidates as: Lagos State: -(a) JAMB PRC, No 11, Ojora Road, Ikoyi Lagos; (b) JAMB PRC, No 35-37, Isheri Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos, (c) ETC Nig. Ltd, 229, JKK House Ikorodu, Road, Ilupeju.

ALSO READ:  Cargo airport approval: Best gift to Ekiti in 2024, Afe Babalola

“Oyo State:- (a) JAMB PTC, JAMB Zonal Office, Quarters 845, Agodi G.R.A, Ibadan, Oyo State; (b) Federal College of Education (FCE) Special, CBT Centre, Oyo; (c) JAMB PTC, Igboho.

“Kwara State: (a) JAMB PTC, National Headquarters Annex, After Oyun Bridge, Old Jebba Road, Ilorin, Kwara State; (b) University of Ilorin CBT Centre, Mini Campus.

“Osun State: (a) JAMB PTC, behind Technical College WAEC Road, Alekuwodo, Osogbo, Osun State;

(b) JAMB PTC, Block Y (Commercial) OSPDC, Oroki Estate, Service Area, Ilobu Road, Osogbo, Osun State; (c) JAMB PTC, Gbongon.

“It is our belief that all eligible candidates would take advantage of this opportunity to register as no further extension would be entertained,” he explained.

He, therefore, said that the previously announced criteria for DE registration remained unchanged.

On CAILS-KWASU Diploma, he said the Board had agreed to conduct a special registration exercise for the 3,633 prospective candidates, who did not participate in the 2024 UTME.

He said they did not participate in the examination based on the assumption that they would be accommodated in the 2024 DE exercise.

He advised these candidates to register at any of the approved CBT centres in Kwara, Oyo or Osun State within the next one week (ending on Monday, June 10, 2024) to register for the UTME.

He stressed that 469 others among this category of UTME candidates, who had already taken the 2024 UTME need not retake the examination as the one they had already taken suffices.

He said this concession was to ensure that, while standards were being maintained, efforts were in place to support and promote the aspirations of qualified and willing candidates even if it required bending over backwards. (NAN

ALSO READ:  Diesel-laden Tanker Catches Fire On Enugu-Onitsha Expressway
Previous Post

NAFDAC Warns Nigerians Against Use of Dangerous Chemical To Preserves Food

Next Post

Residents of Apo Resettlement lament poor link roads, infrastructure

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted...

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Next Post
Residents of Apo Resettlement lament poor link roads, infrastructure

Residents of Apo Resettlement lament poor link roads, infrastructure

NDLEA intercepts over N2.1bn worth of Codeine syrup, Loud consignment

NDLEA intercepts over N2.1bn worth of Codeine syrup, Loud consignment

Recommended

EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

6 days ago
Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,646)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform