• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home Education

JAMB directs institutions to disclose illegal admissions within 1-month

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
August 4, 2024
in Education
0
JAMB directs institutions to disclose illegal admissions within 1-month

Dr Fabian Benjamin, Public Communication Advisor, JAMB, during a news briefing in Abuja.

0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has directed all institutions to disclose within one month, details of all candidates they illegally admitted prior to 2017 or risk recognition and condonment.

Dr Fabian Benjamin, the board’s Public Communication Advisor (CPA), disclosed this while briefing newsmen at the board’s headquarters on Sunday, in Abuja.

RelatedPosts

WAEC Introduces Paperless Certificates Across Five Member Countries

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

FG Launches New ASUU Agreement: 40% Salary Boost for Academic Staff

Benjamin said that the board had resolved that it would no longer entertain absorption of illegal admissions by institutions through the window of “Condonment of Illegal Admissions”, without registration number.

The move, he explained, was aimed at curbing illegal admissions, falsification of records and ensuring compliance with the provisions of Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS).

He said that all institutions were being reminded that JAMB had previously requested the disclosure of all illegitimate admissions offered to candidates outside CAPS, between 2017 and 2020, due to abuse of window.

“This directive followed the waiver on recommendation of JAMB by the former Minister of Education, which allowed institutions to transit to conducting admissions exclusively through the CAPS platform in 2020.

“We then opened the window of Condonment of Undisclosed Institutional Illegal Admissions (CUIIA), 2017 to 2020.

“Regrettably, the board has observed that some institutions have continued to admit candidates outside CAPS and subsequently apply for this CUIIA.

“This is quite embarrassing that some institutions have been found to backdate such recent admissions to 2020 to fit within the time frame of CUIIA.

ALSO READ:  WAEC Launches Trial Test for Computer-Based WASSCE

“Consequently, the board is terminating the aspect of CUIIA process which allows completely unregistered candidates to be introduced to the system.

“CAPS is the only authorised platform for admissions; those who have registration but were illegally admitted between 2017 to 2020 would soon be denied the opportunity of the waiver, unless they are disclosed within the next one month.”

The period of disclosure, he stated, begins from August 1.

Benjamin added that the board would not tolerate further, any undisclosed admission by any institution, while urging candidates to pursue education through legitimate and recognised means, so they don’t fall victims.

He also advised candidates seeking admissions to be cautious of illegitimate and unrecognised part-time programmes, which he added, would also not be tolerated under “regularisation or condonment.”

Benjamin stated that the board distant itself from trending and strange admissions practice by some institutions, claiming to enrol candidates into “daily part-time” by some polytechnics and “Top- up” by some universities.

“It is crucial to clarify that no such programmes are approved by National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) or National Universities Commission (NUC),” he said.

Both programmes, Benjamin added, were alien to the education system in Nigeria and any attempt to enrol into the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme with it would be flawed and futile.

He also reiterated the board’s decision on only candidates who were at least; 16 years old at the time of admissions would be considered eligible for the 2024 admission cycle.

This decision, he explained, followed the directive from Prof. Tahir Mamman, Minister of Education and chairman of the 2024 tertiary admissions policy meeting, that the policy of 6-3-3-4 would be enforced from 2025.

ALSO READ:  Federal Varsity Kachia Set To Begin Academic Year

“Only those below 16 years will not and should not be admitted in accordance with the decision of the 2024 Policy meeting,” Benjamin said. (NAN

Tags: illegal admissions
Previous Post

Gunmen kill 8 in Imo – Police Commissioner

Next Post

FirstBank wins Euromoney award for best ESG investments

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

WAEC Introduces Paperless Certificates Across Five Member Countries

WAEC Introduces Paperless Certificates Across Five Member Countries

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The West African Examinations Council has announced the full implementation of its digital certificate services system, WAEC DigiCert, across...

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Kaduna State Universal Basic Education Board (KADSUBEB) has officially commenced the distribution of an impressive array of educational resources...

FG Launches New ASUU Agreement: 40% Salary Boost for Academic Staff

FG Launches New ASUU Agreement: 40% Salary Boost for Academic Staff

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 10, 2026
0

The Federal Government has initiated the rollout of critical welfare measures from its renegotiated agreement with the Academic Staff Union...

Next Post
FirstBank wins Euromoney award for best ESG investments

FirstBank wins Euromoney award for best ESG investments

Olympics: Abbas hails D’Tigress quarterfinal qualification

Olympics: Abbas hails D’Tigress quarterfinal qualification

Recommended

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

2 hours ago
Nigeria Unveils Critical Push to Fortify Poultry, Safeguard Food Supply Amid Disease Threat

Nigeria Unveils Critical Push to Fortify Poultry, Safeguard Food Supply Amid Disease Threat

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform