• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home Education

JAMB directs institutions to disclose illegal admissions within 1-month

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
August 4, 2024
in Education
0
JAMB directs institutions to disclose illegal admissions within 1-month

Dr Fabian Benjamin, Public Communication Advisor, JAMB, during a news briefing in Abuja.

0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has directed all institutions to disclose within one month, details of all candidates they illegally admitted prior to 2017 or risk recognition and condonment.

Dr Fabian Benjamin, the board’s Public Communication Advisor (CPA), disclosed this while briefing newsmen at the board’s headquarters on Sunday, in Abuja.

RelatedPosts

Northwest University Sokoto Releases 2026/2027 Admission Cut-Off Marks

No More UTME for NCE Candidates – FG

FG Bans ‘Dr’ Title for Honorary Degree Holders, Warns of Fraud Charges

Benjamin said that the board had resolved that it would no longer entertain absorption of illegal admissions by institutions through the window of “Condonment of Illegal Admissions”, without registration number.

The move, he explained, was aimed at curbing illegal admissions, falsification of records and ensuring compliance with the provisions of Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS).

He said that all institutions were being reminded that JAMB had previously requested the disclosure of all illegitimate admissions offered to candidates outside CAPS, between 2017 and 2020, due to abuse of window.

“This directive followed the waiver on recommendation of JAMB by the former Minister of Education, which allowed institutions to transit to conducting admissions exclusively through the CAPS platform in 2020.

“We then opened the window of Condonment of Undisclosed Institutional Illegal Admissions (CUIIA), 2017 to 2020.

“Regrettably, the board has observed that some institutions have continued to admit candidates outside CAPS and subsequently apply for this CUIIA.

“This is quite embarrassing that some institutions have been found to backdate such recent admissions to 2020 to fit within the time frame of CUIIA.

ALSO READ:  BREAKING: JAMB Release 2025 UTME Results, 39,834 Candidates' Scores Withheld

“Consequently, the board is terminating the aspect of CUIIA process which allows completely unregistered candidates to be introduced to the system.

“CAPS is the only authorised platform for admissions; those who have registration but were illegally admitted between 2017 to 2020 would soon be denied the opportunity of the waiver, unless they are disclosed within the next one month.”

The period of disclosure, he stated, begins from August 1.

Benjamin added that the board would not tolerate further, any undisclosed admission by any institution, while urging candidates to pursue education through legitimate and recognised means, so they don’t fall victims.

He also advised candidates seeking admissions to be cautious of illegitimate and unrecognised part-time programmes, which he added, would also not be tolerated under “regularisation or condonment.”

Benjamin stated that the board distant itself from trending and strange admissions practice by some institutions, claiming to enrol candidates into “daily part-time” by some polytechnics and “Top- up” by some universities.

“It is crucial to clarify that no such programmes are approved by National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) or National Universities Commission (NUC),” he said.

Both programmes, Benjamin added, were alien to the education system in Nigeria and any attempt to enrol into the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme with it would be flawed and futile.

He also reiterated the board’s decision on only candidates who were at least; 16 years old at the time of admissions would be considered eligible for the 2024 admission cycle.

This decision, he explained, followed the directive from Prof. Tahir Mamman, Minister of Education and chairman of the 2024 tertiary admissions policy meeting, that the policy of 6-3-3-4 would be enforced from 2025.

ALSO READ:  NGO advocates Better investment in education to secure Nigeria's future

“Only those below 16 years will not and should not be admitted in accordance with the decision of the 2024 Policy meeting,” Benjamin said. (NAN

Tags: illegal admissions
Previous Post

Gunmen kill 8 in Imo – Police Commissioner

Next Post

FirstBank wins Euromoney award for best ESG investments

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Northwest University Sokoto Releases 2026/2027 Admission Cut-Off Marks

Northwest University Sokoto Releases 2026/2027 Admission Cut-Off Marks

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 15, 2026
0

By Ankeli Emmanuel, Sokoto Northwest University Sokoto (NWUS) has released its approved cut-off marks for admission into undergraduate programmes for...

No More UTME for NCE Candidates – FG

No More UTME for NCE Candidates – FG

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 11, 2026
0

  The Federal Ministry of Education has confirmed that candidates seeking admission into Federal Colleges of Education will no longer...

FG Bans ‘Dr’ Title for Honorary Degree Holders, Warns of Fraud Charges

FG Bans ‘Dr’ Title for Honorary Degree Holders, Warns of Fraud Charges

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 6, 2026
0

The Federal Government has prohibited recipients of honorary degrees from prefixing “Dr” to their names in official, academic, or professional...

Next Post
FirstBank wins Euromoney award for best ESG investments

FirstBank wins Euromoney award for best ESG investments

Olympics: Abbas hails D’Tigress quarterfinal qualification

Olympics: Abbas hails D’Tigress quarterfinal qualification

Recommended

Genevieve Nnaji: Nollywood barely 40 years old… we’ve achieved so much in short time

Genevieve Nnaji: Nollywood barely 40 years old… we’ve achieved so much in short time

2 days ago
Terrorists Now Run Parallel Government in Nigeria – Marafa

Terrorists Now Run Parallel Government in Nigeria – Marafa

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jaba APC Leaders Unveil 2027 Consensus Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (833)
  • Education (276)
  • Entertainment (404)
  • Health (252)
  • National (3,330)
  • News (10,364)
  • Opinion (444)
  • Politics (2,165)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (718)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform