• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Israeli army attacks rocket launch pads in south Gaza, thousands flee

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
July 2, 2024
in News
0
Israeli army attacks rocket launch pads in south Gaza, thousands flee
0
SHARES
9
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Israeli army said it had attacked rocket launch pads in the south of Gaza during the night following rocket fire from the coastal strip.

To avoid civilian casualties, residents of eastern neighbourhoods of the city of Khan Younis were asked to leave the affected area, the army said.

RelatedPosts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

According to eyewitness reports, thousands of people fled to supposed safe zones further west, which were already overcrowded.

Initially, there was no information about possible casualties.

An estimated 1.7 million Palestinians, around 85% of the population in the Gaza Strip, have been displaced in the wake of Israel’s offensive since October 7.

At least 37,765 Palestinians have been killed and another 86,429 injured in Gaza since then, according to the health authority in the coastal strip.

The war began after the attacks of October 7, when gunmen from Hamas and other militants killed more than 1,200 people in southern Israeli communities.

Around 20 rockets had been fired at Israel from Gaza on Monday, the Israeli army said.

The missile defence system intercepted some, others hit the open ground.

Hamas said it had fired the rockets.

There were no casualties, the Israeli army said.

There was an air alert in towns near the border with the Gaza Strip and people had to rush to shelters.

The army once again accused Hamas of systematically violating international law and using civilian infrastructure as cover for weapons.

ALSO READ:  Money Laundry :We May Invite Military to Bring Bello To Court —EFCC

The army repeatedly reports that there are rocket launching pads in residential areas, weapons depots in schools and tunnels for fighters under hospitals.

Israeli ground troops continue to be deployed with support from the air in Shejaiya.

Shejaiya is a residential area in the east of Gaza City, as well as in the centre of the strip and south in the city of Rafah.

Tags: rocketthousands flee
Previous Post

CAS tasks officers on enhanced safety culture in NAF

Next Post

Tractor purchase, strategy to boost food production in Taraba – Kefas

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Next Post
Tractor purchase, strategy to boost food production in Taraba – Kefas

Tractor purchase, strategy to boost food production in Taraba – Kefas

Gov. Mutfwang condemns attack on task force, traders by hoodlums

Plateau Govt. cultivates 6,000 hectares of land for displaced communities

Recommended

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

5 days ago
Minister Reveals Only N36 Million Released from N218 Billion Health Budget

Minister Reveals Only N36 Million Released from N218 Billion Health Budget

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,643)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform