• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Grief as indigenous oil firm, Anotech suffers N500m loss in arson attacks at Imo oil fields

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
September 6, 2023
in News
0
Grief as indigenous oil firm, Anotech suffers N500m loss in arson attacks at Imo oil fields
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Suspected hoodlums have launched arson attacks at the site of OML 16 operated by Sterling Global Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Advance Oil Production Systems Ltd (AOPSL)/NNPCL Joint Venture in Ochia-Awara/Assa community of Imo State.

RelatedPosts

LPCF alleges political witch-hunt In El-Rufai’s arrest

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Impeccable police sources stated that the incident specifically took place at the location of a contractor, Anotech Global Company Nigeria Limited, an indigenous oil and gas pipelines / facilities construction and installation company.

Anotech is handling 23km pipeline installation, which cuts accross several communities, namely, Obitti, Ochia, Awala, Assa, Obile Ana and Ada Palm communities of Imo State.

It was gathered that equipment burnt during the invasion of Anotech’s site include: excavator, selfloader truck, several 150kva electric generators, over 20 welding machines, cables grinding machines of various sizes, welding tents and various tools boxes control panels.

The items are valued at over N500m. Narrating the ordeal in a statement issued by Anotech’s Site Manager, Mr. Patrick Egwuatu, on Wednesday, he said the unknown invaders wilfully set the company’s facilities ablaze.

Egwuatu said the incident had been reported to the representatives of the client, Sterling Global Nigeria Limited, leadership of the host communities and Imo State Police Command.

He added that carcas of the burnt oil equipment littered Assa work site of Anotech.

In the statement titled, “Incident Report On The Fire Outbreak On The AOPSL 18″ Row Assa Site, Egwuatu.”
At 7:22pm this evening, 31st August 2023, I recieved a phone call from one of our site night security men, Mr. Abuchi Elelu, who informed me that our selfloader vehicle with 2 nos. 150KVA generators powering about 10nos inverter welding machines, 2nos tool boxes, many grinding machines, many consumables such as electrodes and welding cables etc were on fire.”

ALSO READ:  Kuriga Sch. Children: SOKAPU Youths Commend Tinubu, Uba Sani, Army

“He said that he doesn’t know how the fire started. That it was very sudden. That he and the 3 other security men went into hiding in the bush as they were not sure if the perpetrator/s are armed.

“Judging from the position of the equipment, one can estimate that the incident took place at about 1.150km [100 pipe lengths] from Ochia-Awara/Assa Community.

“After receiving the news, I called my colleagues and informed them about the incident. I called my base office and informed them. I also notified the site client reps Mr. Ernest and Mr. Vishal. I also informed the Assa PG.”

Mr. Patrick Egwuatu. Site manager. My appeal to the law enforcement agencies to carryout a thorough investigation with the view to apprehend the culprits and bring them to justice.”

To this end, Egwuatu appealed to the law enforcement agencies, especially the Imo State police command to carryout a thorough investigation into the incident with a view to apprehending and bringing the arsonists to justice.

Commissioner of Police, Imo State Command, Mr. Stephen Olanrewaju, could not be reached for his comment but competent sources in the command said investigation has begun into the incident.

Previous Post

Patoranking’s ‘World Best’ Album Released

Next Post

Tribunal ‘s Verdict: Tinubu Calls for Collective Efforts to Build Nigeria

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

El-Rufai: Tinubu’s Govt Most Corrupt, Worst in Nigerian History

LPCF alleges political witch-hunt In El-Rufai’s arrest

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Ojima-ojo The Labour Party Candidates Forum on Tuesday alleged political persecution in the arrest of former Kaduna State...

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted...

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Next Post
President Tinubu’s To Ministers Results Are Non-Negotiable

Tribunal 's Verdict: Tinubu Calls for Collective Efforts to Build Nigeria

PEPT:  AFTER ALL THE KNOWN EVIDENCE

PEPT: AFTER ALL THE KNOWN EVIDENCE

Recommended

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

7 days ago
Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

18 hours ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,647)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform