• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Flood kills 20, displaces 2,000 in Yobe LG

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 7, 2024
in News
0
Flood kills 20, displaces 2,000 in Yobe LG
0
SHARES
3
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Twenty persons have died as a result of devastating floods that ravaged Bade Local Government Area of Yobe since early August, its Chairman, Alhaji Babagana Ibrahim, has said.

Ibrahim told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), on Friday in Gashua that most of the deceased were people trapped under the debris of collapsed mud houses.

RelatedPosts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Ibrahim said that the flood destroyed more than 10,000 houses and farmlands across 200 communities.

The chairman listed villages worst hit by the disaster to include Misilli, Lawan Musa, Dagona, Dala, Katuzu and Sabongarin Gashua.

He said that 2,000 persons displaced by the flood were taking shelter in three camps in Gashua.

He listed the camps as Goodluck, Zango 2 and Babuje.

Ibrahim said the council, despite its meager resources, had been feeding the displaced persons since they came to the camps.

He said that Sen. Ahmed Lawa, former Senate President, recently donated N10 million to the victims, while the state was already distributing non-food items to the victims.

He urged the federal government to come to the aid of the flood victims whose population was increasing by the day.

“The magnitude of this disaster is so enormous and Bade has no capacity to manage it.

“That is why I am appealing to the federal government, through the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), to come to our aid as the number of displaced persons continues to rise,” he said.(

ALSO READ:  Fubara commends I-G for donating gunboats to police in Rivers
Tags: displaces
Previous Post

COAS urges officers, soldiers to utilise army facilities

Next Post

Borno Government has maintained subsidised transport fares, easing commuters’ burden amidst fuel price hike

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Next Post
Borno Government has maintained subsidised transport fares, easing commuters’ burden amidst fuel price hike

Borno Government has maintained subsidised transport fares, easing commuters’ burden amidst fuel price hike

FG to establish blood collection centres in 774 LGAs

FG to establish blood collection centres in 774 LGAs

Recommended

Kaduna Communities Laud Defence Minister’s Free JAMB Registration Scheme

Kaduna Communities Laud Defence Minister’s Free JAMB Registration Scheme

7 days ago
Tinubu Appoints Diplomat Yusuf to Lead Hajj Commission Amid Reshuffle

Tinubu Appoints Diplomat Yusuf to Lead Hajj Commission Amid Reshuffle

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform