• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home Business

Dangote: Amosun Demolished My Cement Factory Twice

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
March 17, 2025
in Business
0
Dangote: Amosun Demolished My Cement Factory Twice
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram
Aliko Dangote, chairman of Dangote Group, has alleged that his cement factory in Itori, Ogun state, was demolished twice during the tenure of Ibikunle Amosun, former governor of the state, forcing his company to abandon the investment in the area.

Dangote spoke on Monday while on a courtesy visit to Dapo Abiodun, governor of Ogun, at the government house in Abeokuta.

The billionaire announced the reconstruction of the factory and his renewed commitment to investing in Ogun State.

RelatedPosts

FX Stability: CBN Approves Weekly Sale of $150,000 to BDCs

LG introduces AI home technologies for Middle East, Africa

LG drives MEA expansion with AI at InnoFest 2026

“Our factory at Itori was pulled down twice. When we started the second time, they did not only demolish the factory but also the fence, so we left,” Dangote said.

“But right now, because of His Excellency, our governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, we are back. When you get to the factory, you will be surprised at what we have done.”

He attributed his return to Abiodun’s investor-friendly policies and support for the private sector, which he said had created a conducive environment for businesses to thrive.

Dangote also announced plans to revive the abandoned Olokola Free Trade Zone (OKFTZ) project and construct the largest port in Nigeria in collaboration with the state government.

He further said two new lines of a 6.0 million metric tonnes per annum cement plant had been constructed at Itori, adding to the existing 12 million metric tonnes per annum plant in Ibeshe.

ALSO READ:  Dogara’s Mambilla Visit Hailed as Sign of Peace, Restored Confidence

He said it will position Ogun state as the largest cement-producing hub in Africa.

“With the contributions of other cement producers in the state, Ogun remains far ahead of other countries across Africa in terms of cement production,” he said.

Dangote also said investment in the manufacturing of the product had made the nation self-sufficient in cement, just as the country is now self-sufficient in fertilizer with the surplus going for the export market thus earning the nation the needed foreign exchange.

In his reaponse, Abiodun, appreciated Dangote for coming back to Ogun state and also for his belief and trust in the country, Nigeria.

“I want to thank you for all that you have done, the number of people that you have employed, the impact you continue to make not just in this state, but Nigeria as a whole,” the governor said.

“The way you selflessly continue to promote this country all over the world, we can’t thank you enough. Your life and story continue to be an inspiring narrative to all young men. You have excelled in everywhere you touch, you have the Midas touch.

“Not only have you chosen to complete Itori, you have chosen to come back and develop the biggest port in Nigeria. For this, I thank you.”

‘PROVIDE PROOF OF APPROVALS’
In a statement responding to Dangote, Lanre Akinwale, media office of the former governor, dismissed the claims, insisting that the business mogul should provide evidence of requisite approvals for the structures allegedly demolished.

The office questioned whether Dangote had obtained the necessary government permits before commencing construction and emphasised that no individual or business entity could operate outside the law.

ALSO READ:  Philanthropist Equips 250 Youths With POS Machines In Adamawa

“It is on this basis that we want to appeal to Alhaji Dangote to avail the public of the requisite approvals for the construction of the structures he alleged were demolished,” the statement reads.

“This will, at least, help the public to put the issue in proper context and for us to know what exactly his grouse is.”

Adewale also highlighted that during Amosun’s tenure, Ogun state became the “Industrial Capital of Nigeria,” attracting over 500 companies and accounting for about 75 percent of foreign direct investments (FDIs) in the country’s industrial sector.

He further said Dangote had previously praised the Amosun administration for facilitating the establishment of his Ibese cement factory, after years of frustration under past governments.

“We will not give vent to this obvious mischief, as it is deliberate,” Akinwale said.

“However, we will advise Alhaji Dangote to furnish the public with details of the land acquisition and relevant planning approvals so that we can engage in a constructive conversation.”

Akinwale also rejected any suggestion that the Amosun administration was anti-business, citing World Bank recognition of Ogun as one of the top three states in Nigeria for ease of doing business.

Tags: AmosunDangote
Previous Post

Ground Rent: Wike Revokes 4,794 Land Titles

Next Post

I See No Opponent Against My Re-election, Says Soludo

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

FX Stability: CBN Approves Weekly Sale of $150,000 to BDCs

FX Stability: CBN Approves Weekly Sale of $150,000 to BDCs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 11, 2026
0

  The Central Bank of Nigeria says it has approved the participation of licensed bureau de change operators. According to...

LG introduces AI home technologies for Middle East, Africa

LG introduces AI home technologies for Middle East, Africa

by Elanza
February 9, 2026
0

LG Electronics (LG) is introducing a comprehensive lineup of AI-powered home solutions tailored for the Middle East and Africa (MEA)...

LG drives MEA expansion with AI at InnoFest 2026

LG drives MEA expansion with AI at InnoFest 2026

by Elanza
February 9, 2026
0

LG Electronics (LG), a leader in AI-powered solutions for the home, outlined plans to accelerate growth in emerging markets at...

Next Post
I See No Opponent Against My Re-election, Says Soludo

I See No Opponent Against My Re-election, Says Soludo

Kaduna To Revive Scholarship For Sports Enthusiasts

Kaduna To Revive Scholarship For Sports Enthusiasts

Recommended

EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

EFCC Secure Conviction Of 2 Over Impersonation And Cheating In Sokoto

5 days ago
BREAKING: Senate Confirms Amupitan as INEC Chairman

FCT Polls: Group Raises Alarm Over INEC Logistics

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform