• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Arrest Warrant Against Mercy Chinwo’s Ex-Manager Still Valid – Court

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
February 18, 2025
in News
0
Arrest Warrant Against Mercy Chinwo’s Ex-Manager Still Valid – Court
0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

A Federal High Court in Lagos has reaffirmed the arrest warrant issued for Ezekiel Onyedikachi, the former manager of gospel singer Mercy Chinwo, over allegations of embezzling approximately $345,000 in royalties owed to the singer.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) secured the arrest warrant on January 16 after an ex-parte application was filed before Judge Alexander Owoeye.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

The commission claims Onyedikachi diverted the royalties for his personal use without Chinwo’s knowledge or consent.

EFCC counsel Bilikis Buhari told the court that the agency had been unable to serve the charge on Onyedikachi as he was unreachable.

On January 24, Onyedikachi’s defence counsel, Monday Ubani, accepted service of the charge on behalf of the defendant.

During Monday’s hearing, Onyedikachi’s defence informed the court that the defendant had been involved in a “terrible accident” and would not attend the proceedings.

The court declined to hear objections from the defence, citing the defendant’s absence as grounds for postponing the matter until he appeared before the court.

Prosecuting counsel condemned Onyedikachi’s repeated absences as “a show of shame and outright disrespect” for the court.

Judge Owoeye ruled that the bench warrant remains valid, directing Onyedikachi to appear in court on the next adjourned date, scheduled for March 6.

The case will proceed following an agreement between the prosecution and defence.

ALSO READ:  Easter: Ex-Senator La’ah Urges Nigerians Not To Lose Hope
Tags: Mercy
Previous Post

Labour Party denies zoning 2027 presidential ticket to South East

Next Post

S/Arabia Donates 100 Tons Of Dates To Nigeria

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
S/Arabia Donates 100 Tons Of Dates To Nigeria

S/Arabia Donates 100 Tons Of Dates To Nigeria

China EXIM, UNICEF Sign MoU On Nigeria Children’s Well-being

China EXIM, UNICEF Sign MoU On Nigeria Children's Well-being

Recommended

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

5 days ago
Nigerian Man Shot Dead in South Africa

Nigerian Man Shot Dead in South Africa

7 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform