• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

Zamfara 8: Last kidnapped youth corps member rescued

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
August 23, 2024
in National
0
Zamfara 8: Last kidnapped youth corps member rescued

Rescued youth corps members at NYSC National Headquarters in Abuja on Friday

0
SHARES
10
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

RelatedPosts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

Brig.-Gen. Yusha’u Ahmed, the Director-General, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), says the last of the eight Prospective Corps Members (PCM) kidnapped in Zamfara in August 2023 has been rescued.

He made the disclosure at a news conference on Friday in Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that eight PCMs and their bus driver were abducted in August 2023 in Zamfara on their way from Uyo, Akwa Ibom to Sokoto.
They were going for the mandatory national service.
Ahmed said that the last NYSC member was rescued on Thursday.
He explained that the rescue effort was made possible with collaboration from the Nigerian Army, the Nigeria Police, Department of State Security (DSS), and traditional rulers.
He added that “through the combined efforts of security agencies, especially the Nigerian Army and the NYSC, the mission started with the rescue of the first set of corps members.
“Even though they were abducted at the same time, they were rescued in the following sequence.
“On Aug. 30, 2023, we rescued the first PCM, Esudue Emmanuel, while Victoria Udoka was rescued on Oct. 20,  2023, then Abigail Sandy and Sabina Ika who were  rescued on Dec. 7.

“Also, Oyo-Obong Udofia was rescued along with the driver of the vehicle on Feb. 3, 2024, Daniel Bassey on Feb. 8, while Glory Thomas regained freedom on June 9.

“Meanwhile,  the last PCM, Solomon Bassey, was rescued on Thursday, Aug. 23.”
He added that Bassey was qualified for the NYSC discharge certificate.
The director-general noted that no ransom was paid for the release of any of the youth corps members.”No state government brought any amount for their rescue as claimed in the media. 

ALSO READ:  Ethnic Youths Urge Tinubu To Probe Security Chiefs
“I must state that I have not received one naira from any state government so far in the name of the rescue of these corps members.”
Ahmed, therefore, expressed gratitude to God, the security agencies and Nigerians for keeping the faith while the PCMs were held in captivity.
On the fate of the kidnappers, he said that the culprits had been killed and no arrest had been made to the best of his knowledge.
Two of the rescued youth corps members spoke about their experience.
Estudio Emmanuel from Akwa Ibom said it was a traumatic experience, adding that “I thank God Almighty, the Army and the NYSC for my release.
“I am also thankful to the media for all their support and for everything they have done to ensure the rescue was successful.”
Victoria Udoka, also from Akwa Ibom, thanked the NYSC boss and the Nigerian Army for ensuring their release.
Mr Eddy Megwa, the retiring NYSC Director, Information and Public Relations, said the rescue of the last kidnapped PCM was the climax of his exit from public service.
Megwa, who retired from the scheme on Friday, said that the scheme went through thick and thin to ensure their release.
“This, we did, to ensure that the operations conducted toward the release of these corps members are smooth and successful and we thank God all of them are here and they are alive.

“We have seen them and we thank God for the prayers of all Nigerians.

“We thank God for the operation of the media, the steadfast nature of the parents who believe in Nigerian government, especially the military, toward the rescue of these young ones.” (NAN
Tags: Kidnappedrescued
Previous Post

Dispatch rider dies in multiple accident in Lagos

Next Post

20 kidnapped medical students rescued

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Vice-President Kashim Shettima says the Connect NextGen Innovation Hackathon will position Nigeria as a global supplier of digital solutions and...

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

The All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN) says no fewer than 22,000 farmers will benefit from the FarmerMoni initiative under...

Next Post
20 kidnapped medical students rescued

20 kidnapped medical students rescued

Vandals destroying the Nigerian Railway, MD cries out

Vandals destroying the Nigerian Railway, MD cries out

Recommended

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

Kukah Disclaim Those Using His Name To Solicit Funds From Unsuspecting Individuals

6 days ago
FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,644)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform