• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Why Court Remands Trinity Guy, Parents Of Minor In Ibadan Prison

Elanza by Elanza
June 26, 2023
in News
0
Why Court Remands Trinity Guy, Parents Of Minor In Ibadan Prison
0
SHARES
6
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

A family court sitting in Iyaganku, Ibadan has ordered the remand of Trinity Guy over alleged sexual exploitation of a 10-year-old girl.

Last Thursday, the Oyo state police command summoned the skit maker for asking the minor “inappropriate questions” about his manhood in a viral video.

RelatedPosts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

NAN reports that the comedian, born Maruf Abdullahi, was arraigned on two-count charge of conspiracy and sexual abuse as well as exploitation on Monday.

He was arraigned alongside Isiaka Ahmed, 40, and Rofiat, 29, parents of the minor in the viral video.

During the court session, Oluwakemi Arowosaye, the prosecution counsel, argued that three defendants allegedly conspired to sexually abuse the girl.

“Trinity, on Dec. 17, 2022, sexually abused and exploited the girl at Kuola area of Ibadan,” she said.

“Abdullahi was asking the victim the colour of his penis, recording the scene and posting it on social media.”

Arowosaye noted that the development violated Section 35 (1) and punishable under Section 35 (2) of Oyo State Child Right’s Law, 2006.

She added that such also contravened Section 516 of the Criminal Code Laws of Oyo State, 2000.

On his part, Oludare Adebayo, the defence counsel, argued that the court has jurisdiction to hear the matter.

But Adetuyibi P.O., the magistrate, refused to take the defendants’ request for want of jurisdiction.

Adetuyibi said the case file had been filed and duplicated at the Oyo state ministry of justice.

ALSO READ:  Tribunal 's Verdict: Tinubu Calls for Collective Efforts to Build Nigeria

The magistrate added that she can only hear the matter when the ministry accepts to withdraw from it.

She ordered the remand of the defendants at the Agodi correctional facility in Ibadan till July 11 for further hearing.

If convicted, it is understood that the skit maker is liable to 15 years imprisonment under the Child Right’s Law, 2006.

Tags: CourtIbadan prisonTrinity guy
Previous Post

Nuhu Ribadu: The Return of The Action-Man

Next Post

Vice President, Shettima to Honour Students From Edo, Nasarawa, Others

Elanza

Elanza

Related Posts

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Nigeria has called for fiscal discipline, institutional accountability, reform, and timely implementation of audit recommendations across African Union (AU) organs....

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, says the full scope development of 8.6-kilometre highway 105,...

Next Post
Vice President, Shettima to Honour Students From Edo, Nasarawa, Others

Vice President, Shettima to Honour Students From Edo, Nasarawa, Others

NUC Executive Secretary, Abubakar Rasheed, Resigns

NUC Executive Secretary, Abubakar Rasheed, Resigns

Recommended

Kaduna Communities Laud Defence Minister’s Free JAMB Registration Scheme

Kaduna Communities Laud Defence Minister’s Free JAMB Registration Scheme

6 days ago
2027 Politics: Danji SS Emerges as Strong Contender for Taraba’s Top Seat

2027 Politics: Danji SS Emerges as Strong Contender for Taraba’s Top Seat

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (255)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (237)
  • National (3,070)
  • News (9,642)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform