• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Umahi Sets November Deadline for Completion of Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway Project

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
November 1, 2025
in News
0
Umahi Sets November Deadline for Completion of Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway Project

Umahi Sets November Deadline for Completion of Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway Project

0
SHARES
3
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

 

The Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, has instructed Arab Contractors, responsible for the rehabilitation of the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, to complete the remaining 4.5-kilometre section in Abia by the end of November.

RelatedPosts

Hamzat picks Gbeleyi as running mate for Lagos 2027

CUFI Urges FG to Seek Foreign Partnerships to Tackle Insecurity

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

Mr Umahi issued this directive on Friday in Aba following an inspection of the project’s progress.

He expressed his dissatisfaction with the slow pace of work on this section, warning that the contract would be revoked if the deadline was not met.

“I am not pleased with the progress on this 4.5 km out of the total 112 km of the road.

“I am charging you today. By the end of November, all laterite, sharp sand, and concrete work must be completed on this road.

“If this is not accomplished, I will revoke the contract,” Mr Umahi stated.

He assured the contractor of prompt payment, describing the administration of President Bola Tinubu as “a reliable partner that does not default on its financial obligations.”

“The president is not the type to ask you to work without paying you. You will be compensated, as we have already paid you for the other sections, and we will pay for this one too,” he added.

Mr Umahi commended Governor Alex Otti of Abia for his unwavering commitment to the state’s development and for supporting the president’s infrastructure agenda.

ALSO READ:  FG Unveils Unified Anti-Poverty System, Says Minister

“Governor, I thank you; your drive for the development of Abia is unparalleled. The president has shown significant attention to the affairs of the South-East, with road infrastructure being a key focus,” he remarked.

He also praised the contractors for their integrity and quality of work, recalling how the company had previously prioritised completing existing projects over taking on new ones.

Mr Umahi further directed the Federal Ministry of Works’ Controller in Abia to ensure stringent supervision, vowing to return to the site weekly to monitor progress.

“I will return every week to assess the situation. Complete the sharp sand filling and the concrete work; let us be left with the stone base and the binders,” he instructed the company.

In his comments, Mr Otti reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to supporting federal projects for the benefit of the people of Abia. He pledged full support to ensure the timely completion of the Aba segment of the Enugu-Port Harcourt Road.

He expressed satisfaction with the progress made, noting that with only 4.5 km remaining, the end was in sight. He indicated that he had secured a commitment for the project to be inaugurated by December.

“Whatever it takes, as the Honourable Minister has said, I will be coming here frequently. I live here with you, and if you need anything, please let me know,” Mr Otti stated.

He commended the contractors for the quality of work accomplished thus far and hinted at the possibility of further projects for the company upon successful completion of the current one.

ALSO READ:  Drug Parties Declared Illegal, NDLEA Warns Nightclub Owners and Revelers

Additionally, the zonal manager of Arab Contractors, Mohammed Elian, revealed that only five per cent of the work remained, expressing commitment to completing it by December.

Mr Elian praised the Abia government for the improved security situation in the state and commended the minister for his efforts towards completing the project.

He noted that the project’s scope included the road from Umuahia Tower to Aba Township, with the majority of the work, particularly the dualisation, already completed.

“What remains in the project is just 4.5 kilometres on one side, which constitutes about five per cent of the entire project,” he explained.

He stated that his company had received directives from its management to deploy its “full force” to ensure timely delivery and acknowledged the Federal Government’s promise of continued funding, which he said was crucial for completing the remaining work.

“By God’s grace (Inshallah), we will do our utmost to complete the project by December,” Mr Elian assured.

Earlier, Chidi Uwaeziozi, the controller of the Federal Ministry of Works in Abia, reported that the Port Harcourt-bound lane of the road had reached an advanced stage of completion, while the entire Enugu-bound lane had been fully completed.

“On the right-hand side, which is the Port Harcourt-bound lane, only 4.5 km remains, covering both the main carriageway and the service lane,” Mr Uwaeziozi stated.

He expressed strong optimism regarding the timely completion of the project ahead of the December inauguration date.

Tags: ProjectUmahi
Previous Post

Court Ruling Will Not Prevent PDP’s National Convention on November 15 – Ologunagba

Next Post

Tiv Community Crowns Chief Aneh As First-Class Chief

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Hamzat picks Gbeleyi as running mate for Lagos 2027

Hamzat picks Gbeleyi as running mate for Lagos 2027

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

The Allied Forces for Lagos Growth has welcomed the emergence of Mr Ayo Gbeleyi as the running mate to the...

CUFI Urges FG to Seek Foreign Partnerships to Tackle Insecurity

CUFI Urges FG to Seek Foreign Partnerships to Tackle Insecurity

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 18, 2026
0

By Amos Tauna, Kaduna The Kaduna State chapter of Christians United for Israel (CUFI) has called on the federal government...

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

By Ojima-ojo Abubakar The All Progressives Congress (APC) has barred 47 senatorial aspirants from participating in its senate primary elections....

Next Post
Tiv Community Crowns Chief Aneh As First-Class Chief

Tiv Community Crowns Chief Aneh As First-Class Chief

Obama Urges Republicans To Protect Food Aid Amid Court Rulings

Obama Urges Republicans To Protect Food Aid Amid Court Rulings

Recommended

Why Investing in the Boy Child Secures Our Future

Why Investing in the Boy Child Secures Our Future

2 days ago
Ex-Deputy Governor Clinches ADC Guber Ticket for 2027

Ex-Deputy Governor Clinches ADC Guber Ticket for 2027

3 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jaba APC Leaders Unveil 2027 Consensus Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (833)
  • Education (276)
  • Entertainment (404)
  • Health (251)
  • National (3,330)
  • News (10,363)
  • Opinion (444)
  • Politics (2,165)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (718)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform