• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Trump signs order to list Houthi militia as terrorist organisation

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
January 23, 2025
in News
0
Trump pardons defendants involved in Jan. 6 Capitol riots
0
SHARES
10
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram
U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday, signed an executive order to re-classify Yemen’s Iran-backed Houthi rebels as a foreign terrorist organisation.

“The Houthis have fired at U.S. Navy warships dozens of times, launched numerous attacks on civilian infrastructure in partner nations, and attacked commercial vessels transiting Bab al-Mandeb more than 100 times,’’ Trump’s Office of Communications said.

Signing the order puts the process for reclassifying the militia in motion. Designation as a foreign terrorist organisation is accompanied by tough sanctions.

RelatedPosts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Shortly before the end of Trump’s first term as president in 2021, his then-secretary of state, Mike Pompeo initiated the categorisation of the Houthis as a terrorist organisation.

Pompeo’s successor, Antony Blinken, cancelled this shortly afterwards in order to facilitate the delivery of humanitarian aid to Yemen.

Since the start of the conflict in the Gaza Strip, the Houthi militia had repeatedly attacked Israel and international merchant ships in support of Palestinian militant organisation Hamas.

In response, Israel, the U.S. and Britain have repeatedly attacked Houthi targets in Yemen.

In its terror designations, the U.S. differentiates between “Specially Designated Global Terrorists and Foreign Terrorist Organisations.’’

The distinction played a role in the sanctions associated with the designation.

With Trump’s order, the militia would soon be back on both lists.

A civil war had been raging in Yemen since 2014 and the majority of the population lived in areas controlled by the Houthis. (dpa/NAN)

ALSO READ:  Reps lauds NEDC on quality of intervention projects in Borno 
Tags: Terrorist
Previous Post

Court remands man for attempted rape of neighbour’s daughter

Next Post

Minister warns against skin bleaching by African women

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Next Post

Minister warns against skin bleaching by African women

CISLAC Seeks Transparency In Abuja-Kaduna Contract

CISLAC Seeks Transparency In Abuja-Kaduna Contract

Recommended

Nigeria Unveils Critical Push to Fortify Poultry, Safeguard Food Supply Amid Disease Threat

Nigeria Unveils Critical Push to Fortify Poultry, Safeguard Food Supply Amid Disease Threat

7 days ago
Sokoto Govt. Pledges To End Polio Virus Type 2 This Year

Sokoto Govt. Pledges To End Polio Virus Type 2 This Year

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform