• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

Tinubu approves N80bn for Alau Dam expansion

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
February 5, 2025
in National
0
Tinubu approves N80bn for Alau Dam expansion

President Bola Tinubu

0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

President Bola Tinubu has approved N80 billion for the reconstruction and expansion of the Alau Dam in Borno.

The Minister of Water Resources, Prof. Joseph Utsev, confirmed this during a briefing with State House correspondents following the second FEC meeting of the year on Tuesday.

RelatedPosts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

Utsev, also the chairman of the inter-ministerial committee on dams, revealed that the President had approved the rehabilitation of Alau Dam, pending ratification by the FEC.

The committee, established on Sept. 23, 2024, includes the ministers of finance, environment, works, information, and the National Security Adviser as members.

The committee was inaugurated on Oct. 2, 2024 with the goal of assessing dams nationwide and recommending improvements for better usage.

A sub-committee, co-opting members from the Nigeria Society of Engineers, the Council for Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria, and the Council of Dams Experts in Nigeria, was formed.

The committee has assessed around 35 dams and produced recommendations. An interim report was presented to the Federal Executive Council.

“So, the committee swooped into action and brought out recommendations of about 35 dams that have been assessed so far.

“Today the interim report was presented to the Federal Executive Council. The Alau Dam is very critical. We saw some challenges as a result of flooding on Sept. 10, 2024.

“The assessment of the remaining 34 dams is ongoing, and will be presented to the Federal Executive Council and the entire Nigerians,” Utsev said.

ALSO READ:  Hamas Lacks Peace Interest—ZOA

Utsev assured that the Borno government is working closely with the sub-committee to begin the project, aiming to complete the first phase before July.

He added that decilitring will begin in December, with the entire project expected to take 24 months to complete. (NAN)

Tags: Alau Dam
Previous Post

Trump signs order withdrawing US from UN bodies

Next Post

NIS appoints Akinlabi as new spokesperson

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

Vice-President Kashim Shettima says the Connect NextGen Innovation Hackathon will position Nigeria as a global supplier of digital solutions and...

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

FG Flagship Programme to Empower 22,000 Farmers Nationwide

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

The All Farmers Association of Nigeria (AFAN) says no fewer than 22,000 farmers will benefit from the FarmerMoni initiative under...

Next Post
NIS appoints Akinlabi as new spokesperson

NIS appoints Akinlabi as new spokesperson

Death toll from Enugu tanker explosion rises to 23 – FRSC

Death toll from Enugu tanker explosion rises to 23 – FRSC

Recommended

FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

6 days ago
DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform