• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Sultanate Debunks Viral Protest Video Against Sultan Over Hardship

Elanza by Elanza
May 24, 2026
in News
0
Nigeria Is Not a Secular Country; It Is Multi-Religious, Declares Sultan of Sokoto
0
SHARES
7
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram
The Sultanate Council in Sokoto has dismissed as false a viral video circulating on social media which allegedly shows a protest against the Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence, over the prevailing economic hardship in the country.

The council said the footage being shared online was not recent and had been deliberately taken out of context to mislead members of the public.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the Public Relations Officer of the Sultanate Council, Sokoto, Aminu Haliru Gidadawa, clarified that the video was recorded in 2024 during nationwide demonstrations triggered by the soaring cost of food items.

RelatedPosts

Ebonyi NSCDC, Government Declare Total War on Illegal Miners, Vandals

Gov Alia Nominates Six New Commissioners, Seeks Benue Assembly’s Approval

Nigeria’s Killing Fields: Atiku Declares Enough Is Enough, Demands Action Over Condolences

He stressed that the Sultan had no connection with partisan politics and could not be linked to the narrative being promoted by some social media users.

“The video is not recent. It is a false narrative. The footage was recorded way back in 2024 due to rising cost of food items during nationwide demonstrations and the Sultan does not participate in partisan politics,” Gidadawa said.

“It is being shared out of context to mislead the public.”

The council maintained that the position of the Sultan on issues affecting Nigerians had remained unchanged.

According to the statement, the Sultan had consistently expressed concern over the hardship faced by citizens and continued to advocate measures aimed at improving their welfare.

“His Eminence’s position then and now has been consistent. He was not in support of the hardship affecting the public and has continued to advocate for measures to address it,” the statement added.

ALSO READ:  Breaking; National Assembly Service Commission Appoints Kamoru Ogunlana As Clerk to the National Assembly CNA

The council also dismissed reports suggesting unrest around the Sultan’s Palace, insisting that normal activities were ongoing without any disturbance.

“There is calm at the palace. The atmosphere remains peaceful as it always has been. There are no protests, disturbances, or unrest taking place at the palace or its environs,” Gidadawa stated.

The Sultanate Council urged Nigerians to verify information before sharing it on social media, warning that the circulation of old content as current events was capable of creating unnecessary tension.

It added that such misinformation served no public interest and could distract attention from ongoing efforts aimed at improving food security and public welfare across the country.

Previous Post

APC Primaries: Sabo GRA Hails Uba Sani’s Victory

Next Post

Nigeria at Breaking Point, PFN Cries Out

Elanza

Elanza

Related Posts

Ebonyi NSCDC, Government Declare Total War on Illegal Miners, Vandals

Ebonyi NSCDC, Government Declare Total War on Illegal Miners, Vandals

by Nathaniel Irobi
August 19, 2026
0

The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and Ebonyi State Government have imposed an immediate ban on all unauthorised...

Gov Alia Nominates Six New Commissioners, Seeks Benue Assembly’s Approval

Gov Alia Nominates Six New Commissioners, Seeks Benue Assembly’s Approval

by Nathaniel Irobi
August 19, 2026
0

Governor Hyacinth Alia of Benue State on Tuesday submitted the names of six commissioner nominees to the House of Assembly...

Fayose insists Makinde plotting Olubadan removal

Nigeria’s Killing Fields: Atiku Declares Enough Is Enough, Demands Action Over Condolences

by Nathaniel Irobi
August 18, 2026
0

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has issued an urgent call to the Federal Government, demanding an end to routine condolences...

Next Post
Nigeria at Breaking Point, PFN Cries Out

Nigeria at Breaking Point, PFN Cries Out

Arsenal Lift Premier League Trophy After 22-Year Wait

Arsenal Lift Premier League Trophy After 22-Year Wait

Recommended

Nasarawa APC Chairman Urges Karu Women To Support Leaders With Proven Track Records

Nasarawa APC Chairman Urges Karu Women To Support Leaders With Proven Track Records

7 days ago
Caleb Danladi Foundation Empowers 45 Abuja Youths with Digital Skills for International Youth Day

Caleb Danladi Foundation Empowers 45 Abuja Youths with Digital Skills for International Youth Day

5 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Arewa Youths Urge Wike To Restore DRTS Officers On Abuja Roads

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Group Faults Kwara CP, Demands Rescue Of 176 Abductees

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Drama In FCT Polls As APC, PDP Candidates Step Down For Each Other

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Boost Military Morale Through Positive Coverage, Media Told

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (849)
  • Education (283)
  • Entertainment (469)
  • Health (261)
  • National (3,412)
  • News (11,039)
  • Opinion (481)
  • Politics (2,304)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (782)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform