• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Sudan Crisis: 7,000 People Including Nigerians Stranded At Egyptian Border – FG

This is according to the Chairman/CEO of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa.

Elanza by Elanza
April 29, 2023
in News
0
Sudan Crisis: 7,000 People Including Nigerians Stranded At Egyptian Border – FG
0
SHARES
9
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Federal Government says about 7,000 nationals including Nigerians are stranded at the Egyptian border on their way from Sudan.

This is according to the Chairman/CEO of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa.

RelatedPosts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

A Friday statement by Gabriel Odu of the Media, Public Relations, and Protocols Unit of NIDCOM quoted Dabiri-Erewa as expressing concern over the plight of those affected.

“Dabiri-Erewa said over 7000 Nationals, including Nigerians, are not being allowed to cross the border into Egypt since their arrival late yesterday evening,” the statement read.

“She added that The Nigerian mission in Egypt has been working tirelessly on this as the Egyptian authorities are insisting on visas by fellow Africans to transit back to their countries.

“She appealed to the Egyptian authorities to kindly allow the already traumatized travelers to transit to their final destinations in various countries in Africa.”

The appeal is coming days after the Minister of Foreign Affairs Geoffrey Onyeama said the Federal Government hired 40 buses at $1.2 million for the evacuation of Nigerians from the war-torn North African country.

[READ ALSO] Sudan Conflict: Nine Things We Know About The Situation Of Stranded Nigerians

Since then, some Nigerians stranded in Sudan have reached Egypt from where they would be taken back home, a fact corroborated by the NIDCOM boss.

“13 buses of about 60 people have already left. We are hoping that they would get into as one later this evening, but we are monitoring them. It is not a very pleasant situation, mission officials are waiting to receive them,” she told said on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily on Thursday.

ALSO READ:  $550m Ubeta upstream gas project kicks off – Presidency

In the wake of the development, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) said it will start the airlifting of Nigerian evacuees from Egypt on Friday.

“The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), Air Peace, and other Airlines have received clearance to fly to Egypt. The NAF C-130H is scheduled to leave Abuja tomorrow, 28th April 2023 to commence the airlifting of the evacuees,” said Amb. Janet Olisa of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

It also said plans have been finalised to airlift all Nigerians that have already escaped on their own to safety in other countries neighbouring Sudan.

Previous Post

Wike: I’m confident Tinubu has what it takes to turn Nigeria around

Next Post

Court Orders Semen Donor To Stop After Fathering Over 550 Children

Elanza

Elanza

Related Posts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted...

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Next Post
Court Orders Semen Donor To Stop After Fathering Over 550 Children

Court Orders Semen Donor To Stop After Fathering Over 550 Children

2023 Elections’ Outcome Shows National Gender Policy Needs Review, Says Soludo’s Wife

2023 Elections’ Outcome Shows National Gender Policy Needs Review, Says Soludo’s Wife

Recommended

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

5 hours ago
Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

Wike: Airport Expressway to Kuke Junction Now 73% Complete

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,646)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform