• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Monday, May 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

Save Nigerian Pilgrims From Missing 2026 Hajj, CSO Urges Tinubu, Govs

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
November 12, 2025
in National
0
Save Nigerian Pilgrims From Missing 2026 Hajj, CSO Urges Tinubu, Govs
0
SHARES
16
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

 

By Olugbenga Salami

RelatedPosts

Hamzat picks Gbeleyi as running mate for Lagos 2027

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

BREAKING: FG Opens Case Against Justice Crack

A faith-based Civil Society Organization, CSO, in the Hajj and Umrah Industry, the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has once again appealed to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the 36 state governors to bail out Nigerian intending pilgrims from missing out on participating in the 2026 Hajj.

The group, in a statement signed by its national coordinator, Ibrahim Muhammad who is currently attending the 5th Hajj and Umrah conference taking place in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, said that any amount approved as a loan will be refunded to the state governments immediately after pilgrims pay their fares.

It lamented that is the first time in 20 years that the Nigerian Hajj quota is being slashed from 95,000 to 66,000, warning that further reduction is looming.

“The Saudi Arabian Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has given the Nigerian Hajj authorities two weeks (14 days) to make all necessary payments for its allocated slots as was done by other countries.

“The Ministry threatens to further reduce the Nigerian Hajj quota from the downgraded slots of 66,000 to 50,000 if the Nigerian Hajj Mission fails to comply with the requirements,” the IHR stated.

It, therefore, urged President Tinubu to help rally state governors to immediately approve a loan that will cover the allocation to their states and to also make the funds available to the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, NAHCON to enable the commission to make the necessary payments within the specified period.

ALSO READ:  Atiku Calls for Fresh Passage of Tax Reform Laws

“Failure to assist will demote Nigeria from one of the major Hajj participating countries, and the country will permanently be placed on 50,000 slots because other countries are currently applying for an increase in their quota,” the statement said.

IHR recalled that the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah, had set December 21, 2025, as the deadline for payment for Mashaa’ir Camp fees on Nusuk Wallet while January 4, 2026 was scheduled for all Hajj participating countries to finalise payments for camps and services, noting that the process of making payments on the Nusuk app takes time.

It explained that the situation becomes critical because its finding reveals that the number of intending pilgrims that have so far registered falls below 20,000 nationwide, putting NAHCON in a difficult position.

The CSO noted that the “late and sluggish pre-Hajj preparations contributed to the decline in numbers of registered pilgrims, coupled with our penchant to always wait till the tail end of the month of Ramadan before pilgrims will be rushing to make payments.”

Tags: pilgrimsTinubu
Previous Post

Zamfara APC Supporters Blast Gov. Dauda Lawal Over ‘False Propaganda’, Defends Matawalle’s Legacy

Next Post

‎ACOMIN Taraba State Advocates for Improved HIV Testing Services and Rehabilitation of Health Facilities

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Hamzat picks Gbeleyi as running mate for Lagos 2027

Hamzat picks Gbeleyi as running mate for Lagos 2027

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

The Allied Forces for Lagos Growth has welcomed the emergence of Mr Ayo Gbeleyi as the running mate to the...

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

Ben Bruce, Jack-Rich Tein,three senators among 47 aspirants not cleared by APC

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

By Ojima-ojo Abubakar The All Progressives Congress (APC) has barred 47 senatorial aspirants from participating in its senate primary elections....

BREAKING: FG Opens Case Against Justice Crack

BREAKING: FG Opens Case Against Justice Crack

by Elanza
May 18, 2026
0

The federal government has open its case against popular blogger and social media influencer Justice Chidebere also known as Justice...

Next Post
‎ACOMIN Taraba State Advocates for Improved HIV Testing Services and Rehabilitation of Health Facilities

‎ACOMIN Taraba State Advocates for Improved HIV Testing Services and Rehabilitation of Health Facilities

Projects: Sokoto Ex Deputy Governor’s Father, Muhammadu Dan Iya Praised Governor Ahmed Aliyu

Projects: Sokoto Ex Deputy Governor's Father, Muhammadu Dan Iya Praised Governor Ahmed Aliyu

Recommended

USPF Fraud Claims Misleading, Northern Coalition Tells SERAP

USPF Fraud Claims Misleading, Northern Coalition Tells SERAP

6 days ago
All 22 political parties have submitted their membership registers, says INEC

All 22 political parties have submitted their membership registers, says INEC

2 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jaba APC Leaders Unveil 2027 Consensus Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (833)
  • Education (276)
  • Entertainment (404)
  • Health (251)
  • National (3,330)
  • News (10,363)
  • Opinion (444)
  • Politics (2,165)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (718)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform