• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Reps call for rescue of trapped miners in Niger

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
June 6, 2024
in News, Politics
0
Reps call for rescue of trapped miners in Niger
0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The House of Representatives has called for urgent rescue of miners trapped in the deep mining pit at Galadiman Kogo mining site in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger.

The resolution followed the adoption of a motion moved by Rep. Ismail Modibo (APC-Niger) during plenary in Abuja on Thursday.

RelatedPosts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Presenting his motion, Modibo said that on June 3 over a hundred miners working with Africa Mineral and Logistics Company Ltd. were trapped within a rocky mining pit.

He also said that all efforts to rescue the victims have so far proved in vain, necessitating immediate intervention by the federal and state distress response.

He expressed concern over the report of the death of many miners during the rescue operations, adding that there was need for the deployment of more Special Rescue Experts to the site

This, according to him, is to prevent the victims from further loss of life, adding that the lack of adequate safety measures and emergency equipment by the mining companies led to the unfortunate situation.

Adopting the motion, the House called on the Ministry of Solid Minerals to deploy more Emergency Response Specialists to the mining site without delay, for effective and successful rescue operations.

The House urged its Committee on Solid Minerals to investigate the operational eligibility of Africa Minerals and Logistics Company Ltd.

The House also called investigation into the the underlying causes of the accident and a review of the current mining safety regulations. (NAN)

ALSO READ:  NAFDAC alerts Nigerians on fake cancer treatment drugs
Tags: Ismail ModibominersNigerRescue
Previous Post

Edun proposes N105,000 in new minimum wage template

Next Post

2 men jailed  22 years for impersonating EFCC officials

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Next Post
Naira abuse: EFCC arrests woman in Gombe

2 men jailed  22 years for impersonating EFCC officials

Oando’s turnover grew to N3.4trn in 2023 – Tinubu

Yusuf lauds Tinubu for donating 70 trucks of fertilizer to Kano farmers

Recommended

INEC & Parties Forge Critical 2027 Reforms Path as FCT Elections Loom

INEC Appointment: Christian Group Hammers Shari’a Council, Warns Against Provocative Statements

5 days ago
Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

Kaduna SUBEB Flags Off Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools

9 hours ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,645)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform