• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Reps Begin Probe of N1.06 Trillion Social Intervention Programme

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
August 14, 2025
in News
0
Reps Begin Probe of N1.06 Trillion Social Intervention Programme
0
SHARES
10
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The House of Representatives has commenced investigation into the N1.06 trillion Nigeria Community Action for Resilience and Economic Stimulus (NG-CARES) social intervention programme of the federal government.

The chairman, House committee on NG-CARES, Rep. Abubakar Kusada (APC-Katsina), made this known while briefing journalists in Abuja on Wednesday.

RelatedPosts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

He said that the investigation had become imminent since the masses were allegedly not feeling the impact of the social nets despite the federal government fulfilling its funding obligation.

The lawmaker said that government had also provided the guidelines and the operational arrangements for the effective implementation of the programme.

“A total of 696 million dollars, which is an equivalent of N1.06 trillion, has been released as social intervention, safety nets and palliatives to Nigerians in the 36 states and the FCT through the various delivery platforms.

“It is, therefore, most surprising that the effect of these palliatives is not being felt by the target vulnerable groups in Nigeria after government has committed so much resources to this purpose through the states.

“There is still a loud cry of government neglect of the plight of Nigerians enduring the brunt of economic reforms,” he said.

The lawmaker said that the committee, in exercise of its powers under Sections 88 and 89 of the Constitution, had resolved to commence immediate and full investigation of the NG-CARES programme.

ALSO READ:  2027 Gang Up: Broom Scarcity Hits Southern Kaduna

He said that the aim was to unravel the disconnect and ascertain the propriety of expenditure of the huge sums provided by government for the administration of social welfare.

According to him, the investigation will provide answers to nagging questions on the disconnect between cause and effect.

Mr Kusada said that several states had claimed billions of naira for social transfer and agric inputs, labour, infrastructure, procurement of assets and for development and upgrading of wet markets and storage facilities.

“If we verify these claims, we will also disclose the impact they have had on food supply, food prices and the plight of ordinary Nigerians.

“If we are unable to verify the claims, we will name and shame the affected states and insist that the right thing be done.

“Similarly, we will verify the grants and other support purportedly given to MSEs for recovery and economic stimulus,” he said.

The legislator alleged that billions of naira had been collected by states for interventions to small businesses, which should have facilitated their resilience and survival, thus contributing substantially to the economic well-being and prosperity of ordinary Nigerians.

“If the funds have been properly applied to provide social safety nets for vulnerable Nigerians, then Nigerians in search of safety nets and palliatives can be told where to look to find them.

“If the funds have been diverted, the affected states should restore the funds and utilise them properly.

“If there has been a gross mismanagement of funds, the people will know that the funds for palliatives have been misused, and who to hold responsible.

ALSO READ:  Media, Military Must Synergise For National Interests – CDS

“If the procurement process has been abused, then the BPP and anti-graft agencies have their work cut out for them,” he said.

(NAN)

Tags: Social Intervention Programme
Previous Post

Benue Has Highest Number of Human Trafficking Cases – NAPTIP

Next Post

Farmer-Herder Clashes: CDS Musa Urges Nigerians to Control Animal Movement

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

Court to Hear Suit to Deregister ADC and Three Other Parties on February 24

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

The Federal High Court in Abuja has scheduled a hearing for February 24 concerning a suit aimed at compelling the...

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
0

  The trial of former Kogi State governor, Yahaya Adoza Bello, continued on Wednesday, February 11, 2026, before Justice Maryanne...

Next Post
Farmer-Herder Clashes: CDS Musa Urges Nigerians to Control Animal Movement

Farmer-Herder Clashes: CDS Musa Urges Nigerians to Control Animal Movement

UEFA Super Cup: Spurs Downed in PSG Fightback, lost 4–3 on Penalties

UEFA Super Cup: Spurs Downed in PSG Fightback, lost 4–3 on Penalties

Recommended

FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

FG Pledges Commitment to Food Security Amid Funding Challenges

6 days ago
Impoundment of commercial motorcycles reducing crime in Abuja – DRTS

Arewa Youths Petition DRTS Over Alleged Faulty Car Sale

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (256)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,644)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform