Connect with us

Politics

Presidential Campaign: APC Chieftain Lauds Atiku For Rejecting Wike’s Stadium

Published

on

A chieftian of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Eze Chukwuemeka Eze, has applauded the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for rejecting the use of the Adokiye Amesiamaka Stadium, Igwurita-Ali, Port Harcourt for his campaign rally.

Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike had during a campaign rally at Ogu Town in Ogu/Bolo local government area of Rivers State, announced the reapproval of the use of the stadium for the campaign rally of the PDP presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

But, in a swift reaction, the PDP Presidential Campaign Council, through its spokesman in the state, Dr. Leloonu Nwibubasa, described the governor’s offer as a ‘greek gift’, saying the party will not accept the use of the stadium.

The Campaign Council, instead, advised the governor to write to the National Working Committee (NWC) of the party informing them of the reapproval, the way he wrote to them to revoke the earlier approval.

But, in a statement made available to LEADERSHIP in Port Harcourt yesterday, Eze commended Atiku, the party’s National Chairman, Senator Iyorcha Ayu and the leadership of the PDP for demonstrating maturity by ignoring Wike and his funny tantrums which has exposed his pettiness and irrelevance in the scheme of things.

He said: “By the re-approval, is Governor Wike trying to say that there is no longer a collaboration between Atiku and the Rivers APC to host the PDP presidential campaign rally as previously alleged?

“It is laughable to hear the Governor say that pleas from many personalities prompted him to rescind his withdrawal and issue a re-approval for the use of the stadium. The truth of the matter is that Governor Wike has lost political direction and is definitely headed for doom.

ALSO READ:  Court dismisses case against PDP congresses in Katsina State

“Having realized this obvious fact, the governor is fighting for his head, and that accounts to why he made a u-turn and re-approved the request to use the facility even when the PDP presidential campaign council did not re-apply for an approval.

“The unnecessary and unwarranted skirmishes and attacks against both PDP and opposition political parties in Rivers State is nothing but exhibition of ignorance and gross irresponsibility.

“The governor made mockery of himself by running to the court to seek for intervention because the Court cannot stop a political party from punishing an erring member and even if they do, it is just to give such member a temporary respite before the hammer falls on him.

“We called on Nigerians not take Wike serious any more as his recent acts expose his irrelevance in the politics of the State. As it is, he cannot determine or dictate the outcome of the 2023 general elections particularly now that Rivers State and her people have rejected him and his funny protege and guber candidate.

“Karma has resolved to visit Wike and the repercussions of all that he has done to run down Rivers State will be waiting for him during and after the elections.

“We commend the PDP Presidential Candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the party’s National Chairman, Senator Iyorcha Ayu and the leadership of the PDP for demonstrating maturity by ignoring Wike and his funny tantrums which has exposed his pettiness and irrelevance in the scheme of things.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Ighodalo vows to Appeal tribunal verdict upholding Okpebholo’s election victory

Published

on

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the 19 September governorship election in Edo, Mr Asue Ighodalo, has said he will challenge the tribunal’s judgment at the Court of Appeal.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Edo election tribunal, sitting in Abuja on Wednesday, reaffirmed Gov. Monday Okpebholo’s victory and dismissed the petitions from the PDP and Ighodalo.

Ighodalo, in a statement in Benin, said his decision to challenge the judgment aimed to protect Edo people’s collective rights and ensure they freely determine their future.

“Today, the Edo Governorship Election Petition Tribunal delivered its judgment on our petition challenging the outcome of the Sept. 21, 2024 election in our dear state.

“While we may not all agree with the verdict, we remain steadfast in our belief that the rule of law must continue as democracy’s foundational bedrock.

“Our pursuit of justice affirms our firm belief that Edo people’s right to freely choose their leaders through credible, free, and fair elections must always prevail.

“As a committed democrat, I respect the judiciary as the last hope of the common man and urge all Edo people to remain peaceful, calm, and law-abiding,” he stated.

Ighodalo said this was not the end of their journey but the beginning of a greater struggle for justice, democracy, and the sanctity of the people’s mandate.

He commended the people for their massive support, sincere love, and belief in their shared vision for a prosperous Edo, which had fuelled their journey.

“For us, this has never been about personal ambition but about our conviction to create a clear ‘Pathway to Prosperity’ for Edo while upholding democracy’s core values.

ALSO READ:  2023: Northern Christian, Muslim Leaders Unite Against Religious Division

“I have, therefore, instructed my legal team to proceed to the Court of Appeal to challenge this decision, which we consider a serious miscarriage of justice.

“This is not about me or any single individual; it is about democracy’s essence, our collective right to determine our future, and our legacy for generations unborn.

“We remain resolute. We remain committed. We shall not waver in our pursuit of truth and justice,” Ighodalo said. (NAN)

Continue Reading

Politics

Reactions trail Edo tribunal judgement

Published

on

Mixed reactions have continued to trail the tribunal’s judgment affirming the election of Gov. Monday Okpebholo as the winner of the Sept. 19 governorship election in Edo.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Edo election tribunal, sitting in Abuja on Wednesday, reaffirmed Okpebholo’s victory.

It dismissed the petitions filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate, Asue Ighodalo.

Reacting to the judgment, the Edo chapter of the PDP expressed disappointment with the ruling delivered by the three-man election petition tribunal, led by Justice Wilfred Kpochi.

Chris Nehikhare, the State Publicity Secretary of the PDP Caretaker Committee, said the party was waiting to receive the Certified True Copy of the judgment before making further decisions.

“PDP is disappointed with the judgment of the Justice Wilfred Kpochi-led panel.

“As a party, we are waiting for the Certified True Copy. We will study it and decide on our next course of action,” Nehikhare said.

Mr Aslem Ojezua, a former PDP chieftain who defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC), said he was unsurprised by the tribunal’s decision, as the petition lacked merit.

“What I expect now is for Ighodalo to congratulate Okpebholo and join hands in solving the problems confronting our people and communities,” Ojezua said.

He added that the verdict was clear, highlighting the distinction between legal and sensational issues.

Chief Dan Orbih, PDP National Vice Chairman (South-South), said the tribunal had spoken, and they could not question its ruling.

Orbih stated that PDP would now focus on bringing back members who left during the primary election that produced Asue Ighodalo as the party’s candidate.

ALSO READ:  Court dismisses case against PDP congresses in Katsina State

He emphasised that efforts would commence to rebuild the party in Edo State following the election setback.

Orbih blamed the PDP’s struggles on former Gov. Godwin Obaseki, accusing him of driving members away from the party.

“Unfortunately, the former governor brought distress, division, and disaster to the PDP.

“Today, I did not see his face among those at the tribunal, waiting for the judgment outcome.

“As it stands, lawyers will study the verdict and make a decision after a careful review of the well-established ruling,” he said. (NAN)

Continue Reading

Politics

Edo State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal Confirms Monday Okpebholo as Governor

Published

on

The Edo State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal has officially recognized Monday Okpebholo as the legitimate governor of Edo State.

In a series of three judgments, the tribunal rejected petitions submitted by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), Action Alliance, and Accord Party.

The tribunal determined that the PDP did not present any witnesses to substantiate its claims of overvoting.

Specifically, the PDP failed to bring forth polling unit agents from the locations where they alleged electoral discrepancies occurred.

Furthermore, the tribunal noted that among the 19 witnesses presented by the petitioners, 14 were ward and local government agents, while the primary witness, who claimed to be a director of strategy for the PDP, had no involvement in the election’s execution.

Additionally, the tribunal remarked that the BVAS evidence submitted by the petitioners was inadequately presented.

ALSO READ:  Charly Boy's Bold Promise: Going Naked In Celebration If Peter Obi Declared Winner Of Presidential Election
Continue Reading