• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Thursday, May 21, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Osun LG Standoff: NULGE Defies Government, Extends Work Stoppage

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
September 29, 2025
in News
0
Osun LG Standoff: NULGE Defies Government, Extends Work Stoppage

Osun LG Standoff: NULGE Defies Government, Extends Work Stoppage

0
SHARES
7
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) in Osun State has directed members of staff of local governments in the state to continue staying away from work.

The state NULGE Chairman, Dr Nathaniel Ogungbangbe, gave the directive while addressing a news conference on Sunday in Osogbo.

RelatedPosts

Kaduna Western By-pass 65% Done, Ready for 2027 Completion – Dantata

YCE Condemns Oyo School Abductions, Tasks Southwest Governors on Security

Nigeria Completes 2026 Hajj Airlift Ahead of Saudi Deadline

Local government areas in the state had been in crisis following the February 10 judgment by the Court of Appeal, Akure.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) claimed that the judgment did not reinstate the sacked All Progressives Congress (APC) chairmen and councilors elected in 2022, while the APC insisted on their return to office.

The Nigeria Labour Congress and NULGE directed local government workers to withdraw their services from February 17, citing security concerns.

Since the crisis started, the monthly allocations due to the state from March were not released.

However, Mr Ogungbangbe said that the fresh directive to LG workers became imperative due to the release of the five months’ withheld local government allocations to APC council chairmen in the state.

He said, “Today, we have it on good authority that the state local government councils’ allocations for the months of March to August have been released to the illegal bank accounts opened by court-sacked APC chairmen and councillors. We find this development very scary and alarming. We are not politicians, but our work as career officers who are expected to protect the assets of the councils is directly impacted by this action. There are existing bank accounts of the 30 local governments in various commercial banks, and there is no need to open another one.”

ALSO READ:  By-Election: KDI Raises Mixed Feeling Over Voters’ Turnout, INEC Conduct

Mr Ogungbangbe also said that local government staff would continue to stay away from work until the court settled the matter.

He appealed to the state governor, Ademola Adeleke, to continue ensuring absolute peace in the state, as he was doing.

(NAN)

Tags: NULGE
Previous Post

SEC Alert: Nigerians Targeted by AI-Powered Investment Scams

Next Post

Jigawa To Begin Measles-rubella Vaccination Campaign October 6

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Kaduna Western By-pass 65% Done, Ready for 2027 Completion – Dantata

Kaduna Western By-pass 65% Done, Ready for 2027 Completion – Dantata

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 21, 2026
0

The Nnamdi Azikiwe Western By-pass in Kaduna is now 65% complete, with the remaining 35% expected to progress faster, according...

2027: Nigerians Will ‘Show Politicians Pepper’ – Makinde

YCE Condemns Oyo School Abductions, Tasks Southwest Governors on Security

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 21, 2026
0

The Yoruba Council of Elders has condemned the mass abduction of over 45 pupils, students, and teachers from three schools...

Nigeria Completes 2026 Hajj Airlift Ahead of Saudi Deadline

Nigeria Completes 2026 Hajj Airlift Ahead of Saudi Deadline

by Nathaniel Irobi
May 21, 2026
0

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has successfully concluded the outbound airlift of Nigerian pilgrims for the 2026 Hajj,...

Next Post
Jigawa To Begin Measles-rubella Vaccination Campaign October 6

Jigawa To Begin Measles-rubella Vaccination Campaign October 6

Abuja–Kaduna Passenger Train Services Resume October 1

Abuja–Kaduna Passenger Train Services Resume October 1

Recommended

Police File Cybercrime Charges Against Kano Cleric Over Remarks on Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, Mannir Koza

Police File Cybercrime Charges Against Kano Cleric Over Remarks on Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, Mannir Koza

5 days ago
EFCC Nabs Former Minister Mamman Hours After 75-Year Sentence

EFCC Nabs Former Minister Mamman Hours After 75-Year Sentence

2 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court Rejects Stay of Execution Bid Against United Methodist Church

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Jaba APC Leaders Unveil 2027 Consensus Candidates

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • The Political Imprint Of Dr. Hadiza Balarabe On Sanga Politics

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Movement For Better Taraba Endorses Danji SS for Governor, Calls for APGA Support

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (26)
  • Business (836)
  • Education (276)
  • Entertainment (409)
  • Health (253)
  • National (3,338)
  • News (10,387)
  • Opinion (445)
  • Politics (2,180)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (421)
  • Sports (722)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform