• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home Politics

Ondo election: 3 candidates withdraw for Aiyedatiwa

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
November 15, 2024
in Politics
0
Ondo election: 3 candidates withdraw for Aiyedatiwa
0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

Three gubernatorial candidates have withdrawn from the Saturday’s election, in Ondo State after endorsing Gov. Lucky Aiyedatiwa, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The candidates made the disclosure during a solidarity visit to Aiyedatiwa by Dr Ajibola Falaye, the candidate of the Accord Party, who spoke on behalf of the three parties on Thursday in Akure.

RelatedPosts

2027 Politics: Danji SS Emerges as Strong Contender for Taraba’s Top Seat

Tinubu’s Final Intervention in Rivers’ Political Crisis, Says Wike

2027: APC Says 10m Membership Surge Signals Victory Path

The other two are the governorship candidate of the National Rescue Movement (NRM), Mr Jenyo Ataunoko and the deputy governorship candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), Mr Olaide Rasheed Ibrahim.

The governorship candidate of the ADC Mr Adeyemi Nejo, had earlier declared support for Aiyedatiwa.

Falaye said their decisions to back the governor for Saturday’s election was based on observations of his longstanding commitment to public service, since his time as the deputy governor.

“We have been watching him, and his doors are always open to all. The state has been experiencing relative peace under his watch, which reflects his commitment to safeguarding the lives of our people.

“We see the infrastructural development that has taken place even within this short period. It is clear that the governor is actively working for the people.

“This Saturday, we will turn our commitment into votes. We will vote for continuity in Ondo State,” he said.

Responding, Aiyedatiwa expressed gratitude for the endorsement, calling it a quality decision made out of goodwill by the candidates and their parties.

ALSO READ:  Stop False Allegations Against Kano Governor, KPRA Warns Kwankwaso

“I didn’t call for this, but I am grateful that my colleagues in the race have voluntarily identified with my mandate and are ready to mobilise their supporters to vote for the APC,” he said.(NAN)

Previous Post

Wike suspends FCDA Executive Secretary from office

Next Post

FEC approves $2.2bn external borrowing plan – Edun

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

2027 Politics: Danji SS Emerges as Strong Contender for Taraba’s Top Seat

2027 Politics: Danji SS Emerges as Strong Contender for Taraba’s Top Seat

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 11, 2026
0

By Nahum Sule, Jalingo As political momentum gradually builds in Taraba State, Hon. Danjuma Usman Shiddi, popularly known as Danji...

Tinubu’s Final Intervention in Rivers’ Political Crisis, Says Wike

Tinubu’s Final Intervention in Rivers’ Political Crisis, Says Wike

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 11, 2026
0

Nyesom Wike, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), has expressed gratitude to President Bola Tinubu for his second intervention...

2027: APC Says 10m Membership Surge Signals Victory Path

2027: APC Says 10m Membership Surge Signals Victory Path

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 9, 2026
0

  The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, says the registration of over 10 million members nationwide...

Next Post
FEC approves $2.2bn external borrowing plan – Edun

FEC approves $2.2bn external borrowing plan – Edun

Tinubu appoints Bwala as Special Adviser, names 3 new DGs

Tinubu appoints Bwala as Special Adviser, names 3 new DGs

Recommended

2027 Politics: Danji SS Emerges as Strong Contender for Taraba’s Top Seat

2027 Politics: Danji SS Emerges as Strong Contender for Taraba’s Top Seat

6 days ago
Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

9 hours ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,647)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform