• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home National

No law prohibits prosecution of minors in Nigeria –AGF

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
November 9, 2024
in National
0
0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation (AGF), Lateef Fagbemi, has said that no law in Nigeria prohibits the prosecution of minors.

Fagbemi stated this in Abuja on Thursday while briefing journalists regarding a recent court order to release about 114 #EndBadGovernance protesters (minors and adults) who the Nigeria Police Force had previously arraigned.

RelatedPosts

Ramadan 2026 Begins In Nigeria, Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

FHA Mall Debuts in Abuja

“Let me seize this opportunity to clarify something. We are under the impression that because they are children and minors (the arraigned #EndBadGovernance protesters), various theories have come up. There is no law in this country which says that a minor cannot be tried,” he stated.

According to the AGF, the minors involved in the #EndBadGovernance protest were rightly arraigned before the Federal High Court in Abuja.

The nationwide #EndBadGovernance protest lasted from August 1-10. Some protesters were arrested and arraigned in different parts of the country.

The trial of the children drew condemnation from many, including former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Amnesty International, Peter Obi among others who described the situation as shameful.

Worried by the backlash, President Bola Tinubu on Monday directed the AGF to withdraw the charges against the minors.

The minister commended Tinubu for directing the Ministry of Justice to facilitate the immediate release of the children.

He described the President’s gesture as one taken out of compassion, despite the evidence at the disposal of security agencies.

ALSO READ:  National grid recovery nears completion – TCN
Previous Post

SSANU reiterates call for payment of 3 months withheld salaries

Next Post

U.S. accuses Iran of plotting to assassinate Donald Trump

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Ramadan 2026 Begins In Nigeria, Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting

Ramadan 2026 Begins In Nigeria, Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

Ramadan 2026 begins in Nigeria after crescent sightings, the Sultan of Sokoto announces. Find confirmed start date, what fasting entails...

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

Nigeria’s telecom sector is back on investors’ radar. Fresh data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that the...

FHA Mall Debuts in Abuja

FHA Mall Debuts in Abuja

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

By Our Reporter The Managing Director, Federal Housing Authority, FHA, Rt Honorable Oyetunde Olubunmi Ojo said the idea of proliferation...

Next Post
U.S. accuses Iran of plotting to assassinate Donald Trump

U.S. accuses Iran of plotting to assassinate Donald Trump

Nigerian military cleared of forced abortion allegations in North-East

Nigerian military cleared of forced abortion allegations in North-East

Recommended

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

7 hours ago
Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

Yahaya Bello’s N2.1b Debt Cleared with LGAs’ Money

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,647)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform