Connect with us

News

My Husband Died After I Left Him To Break My Fast— Turai

Published

on

Wife of the late former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, Turai Yar’Adua has recounted how her husband died 13 years ago.

Yar’Adua was President from 2007 to 2010. He was the first elected president to have died while serving.

Yar’Adua died in office due to ill health after spending three years in power.

Speaking in an interview with BBC Hausa on Friday, Turai explained how her husband died moments after she left him to break her fast.

“I was fasting on that day. In fact, I had been fasting non-stop from when he took ill and even after he died, I did not stop,” she said.

“So when it was time for me to break my fast, he was lying down looking at me. I felt he did not want me to leave, so I told him I was going to break my fast. He then shook his head and I left.

“I was later called and I met him struggling with his breath. That moment still lingers in my mind. I even quarrelled with myself on why I left to break my fast, I should have stayed.”

Turai said her late husband led a simple life and was not “carried away by worldly things”.

“For example, he could be using a wristwatch continuously until the strap gets broken into two. Unless I see it, he would continue to use it like that,” she said.

“My husband was not taking alcohol, he would not go after women and he was not corrupt. He was a very simple person who did not attach importance to worldly things.

ALSO READ:  We barely move around town, make ends meet – FCT residents

“I think about him every day. Every day seems like any other day. The only difference is that today, people gathered to pray for him, eulogize him and I’m happy. I thank them.”

Turai said she has no plan to venture into politics, adding that she lost the interest when her husband died.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

FHA to Revalidate Commercial Approvals on Abuja Estates from April 3

Published

on

By Our Reporter

The Management of Federal Housing Authority FHA, under the leadership of Hon Oyetunde Oladimeji Ojo has asked residents of its estates in Abuja to provide approvals and approved documents and building plans for commercial purposes to the office of the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Federal Housing Authority FHA, Abuja forthwith.

A Press statement issued by the management and signed by the Public Relations Officer, Kenneth Chigelu on behalf of the authority directed the submission to be carried out at the Authority’s Head office, Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro , Abuja beginning from Wednesday , 3rd April , 2025.

The directives covers all buildings irrespective of the approval dates , that became expedient , following management discovery of sharp practices by commercial outlets ,as most of this buildings are built either without approval and or in contravention to the granted approval.

Chigelu stated that management discovered that some commercial buildings are in contravention of approval granted them, through alterations in total contravention to the development control regulations of the Authority.

Following the danger posed , management will not allow such negative consequences that will pave way for indiscriminate building collapse, therefore, a controlled demolition was carried out by the authority, with a building with structural defects in March , 2025, on 5th Avenue, Gwarimpa Estate.

Consequently, owners of commercial apartments, which included Hotels , Supermarkets, Hospitals, Schools and Banks including shopping malls through this announcement are expected to submit their approved plans for revalidation.

Management expect strict compliance to this directive, as violators will attract heavy sanctions with authority’s non negotiable stance .

ALSO READ:  Anambra Guber: APC Stakeholders Alleged Plot To Sell Party’s Ticket To Highest Bidder

The release further said ..

 

 

SPECIAL PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT

“The Management of Federal Housing Authority, FHA hereby calls on all owners of commercial properties in FHA Estates in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory to submit their approved building plans to the office of the Managing Director and Chief Executive, at the Authority’s head office, No 26 Julius Nyerere Crescent, Asokoro Abuja from Wednesday, April 3rd, 2025.

“This directive which covers all buildings irrespective of when the approval was given, has become expedient following Management’s discovery that most commercial outlets in these Estates are built without approvals, or developed outside the granted approval.”

” Management has also discovered that some commercial buildings are in contravention of the approval granted them for alteration, in total contravention and disregard to Development Control regulations. ”

“Following the dangers posed by this development, the Management of FHA would not fold its hand to allow this looming disaster to happen. It is to avert the ugly incidence of building collapse that the Authority carried out a controlled demolition exercise of one of its buildings with structural defect on Monday, 24th March. 2025 in 5th Avenue. Gwarinpa estate.”

“Consequently, all owners of commercial outlets: hotels, supermarkets, hospitals, schools, banks, shopping malls etc through this announcement are requested to submit their building approved plans for revalidation. All such buildings must undergo an integrity test.
Strict compliance to this directive is not negotiable as severe sanctions await defaulters. “

Continue Reading

News

Taraba Govt, NAPTIP Rescue 8 Trafficked Children, Arrest Suspects

Published

on

By Nahum Sule, Jalingo

The Taraba State Government, in partnership with the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP), has successfully intercepted eight trafficked children who were en route to the South East and Cameroon.

In a statement to journalists in Jalingo, the capital of Taraba State, Mrs. Mary Sinjen, the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Child Development, revealed that the children had been deceived and transported to various southeastern states in Nigeria.

According to her, the children were trafficked to locations such as Aba, Onitsha, and Imo State under the false pretence that they were orphans.

The interception took place in Gembu, the headquarters of the Sardauna Local Government Area, where it was reported that the traffickers were seeking additional children to abduct.

Mrs. Sinjen affirmed, “Thanks to the prompt response from the Ministry and NAPTIP, eight of the children have been safely returned to Taraba State.

“The primary suspect, Mrs. Patience, along with several of her accomplices, has been apprehended and is currently in custody as legal proceedings commence.

“Search and rescue operations for other trafficked children are ongoing.”

She further emphasised that the state government will not tolerate any unscrupulous individuals who exploit children’s rights for illicit gain.

“This administration is wholly committed to ensuring justice, rehabilitating victims, and enhancing inter-agency collaboration to combat child trafficking,” she stated.

“We urge all residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious activities, as the welfare and protection of our children is a collective responsibility.”

In the meantime, authorities in Taraba have reiterated the importance of community vigilance and reporting any suspicious activities, stressing that safeguarding children requires a unified effort.

ALSO READ:  IWD: FCT NUJ urges N/Assembly to approve legislation on gender-based violence
Continue Reading

National

CDS INTRODUCES ATTACK DRONES AND LOCALLY MADE BOMBS IN ABUJA

Published

on

General Christopher Musa, the Chief of Defence Staff, has assured that all security challenges facing the nation will be effectively addressed by the year’s end.

This statement was made during the launch of attack drones and the demonstration of locally produced bombs, developed by a homegrown technology firm.

The event was attended by security specialists and senior government officials, as General Musa showcased the indigenous Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) to the audience.

Accompanied by Ajao Adewale, the Federal Capital Territory Commissioner of Police, and Caleb Mutfwang, the Governor of Plateau State, General Musa emphasized the ongoing bureaucratic obstacles in acquiring military equipment from abroad.

Governor Mutfwang stressed the urgency for decisive measures against insecurity, calling on leaders to prevent any entity within the nation from possessing military capabilities.

The operational features of the UAVs were also demonstrated, with General Musa expressing satisfaction with this advancement, labeling it a pivotal step in combating insecurity in the country.

ALSO READ:  Eid-el-Kabir is About Sacrifice, Not Meat and Rice - Daniel
Continue Reading