• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Lawyer Denies Lagos Police Claim, Says Alabi Quadri Was Abducted, Framed

Ojimaojo Abubakar by Ojimaojo Abubakar
April 19, 2025
in News, National
0
Lawyer Denies Lagos Police Claim, Says Alabi Quadri Was Abducted, Framed
0
SHARES
6
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram
Inibehe Effiong, a human rights lawyer and counsel to Alabi Quadri, the teenager who became a viral sensation during the 2023 presidential election campaign, has accused the Lagos state police command of spreading disinformation and fabricating charges against his client.

In a statement released on X on Saturday, Effiong said the police’s version of events surrounding Quadri’s recent arrest was “laughable” and a “gross act of recklessness”.

“Our attention has been drawn to a false and provocative statement issued by the Lagos State Police Command,” the lawyer wrote.

RelatedPosts

LPCF alleges political witch-hunt In El-Rufai’s arrest

Ramadan 2026 Begins In Nigeria, Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

“It is embarrassing to see the police spread fake news about an innocent Nigerian child.”

Quadri, who became an internet sensation after standing in front of Peter Obi’s convoy in Lagos last year, was reportedly arrested and remanded at a correctional centre on allegations of robbery and public disturbance in the Amukoko area of the state.

The Lagos police, through its spokesperson Benjamin Hundeyin, said the teenager was arrested for his involvement in “street fighting”, claiming that victims had allegedly identified him as part of a group responsible for damage and robbery. Hundeyin also said Quadri is 18 years old.

Effiong dismissed the police account as “mischievous and deeply misleading”.

“First, we wish to restate that Quadri is not 18 years old as mischievously parroted by the police. He is 17 as contained in his birth certificate and attested to by his mother. He was born on the 29th day of September 2007,” the lawyer said.

ALSO READ:  Nothing wrong with Nigeria's Constitution -Ex-Justice Minister Agabi

“Second, Quadri was not involved in street fighting and did not rob anyone. He also did not damage anyone’s property.”

Effiong said Quadri was “abducted by two known area boys” identified as Lege and Baba Waris, while returning from work and was subsequently dumped at the Amukoko Police Division.

According to him, the two men have been harassing the teenager since 2023 in an attempt to extort money from donations made to him following his viral moment.

He also questioned the police’s claims that Quadri was identified by victims.

“…There was no time that our client was identified by any victim of the alleged crimes. The police should tell the public when and where the identification was done and the method used,” the lawyer added.

“How was Quadri identified by the alleged victims when no identification parade was conducted as required by law, given that the alleged offences were said to have been committed at about 10pm?”

Effiong further criticised the police for detaining his client for nearly a week before taking him to court, describing it as a violation of constitutional rights.

“It is the law that once the permissible constitutional limit for detaining a suspect has passed, a subsequent order of remand cannot cure the infringement,” the lawyer said.

He said the so-called “casemates” remanded with Quadri are adults who have no relationship with the boy, adding that the police failed to provide any explanation connecting them.

Effiong condemned the police’s insistence on pressing the narrative despite a legal advisory from the Lagos State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) exonerating Quadri, a development that led to his discharge by the court.

ALSO READ:  Northern-Nigeria's Longest Serving Monarch For Burial June 22

“…the Lagos State Police Command, rather than exude remorse, has chosen the ignoble path of doubling down on its acts of perfidy, shamelessness, lawlessness, and utter contempt for justice and the truth. We condemn this gross act of recklessness and irresponsibility by the police. By taking this path, the Nigeria Police Force is reminding the country that it is very far from redemption,” he said.

“We shall meet CP Olohundare Moshood Jimoh, CSP Olaniran Ismaila O. of Amukoko, Inspector Odigbe Samuel, and others in court to seek redress and compensation for Quadri.”

He added that a formal complaint would also be filed against the DPO of Amukoko at the Police Service Commission (PSC)

Tags: Police
Previous Post

Don’t Allow Politics To Divide You, Shettima Tells Kano Politicians

Next Post

Suspended Fubara Urges Rivers to Back Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Ojimaojo Abubakar

Abubakar Ojimaojo is a graduate of Mass Communication, political and football analyst currently work at elanzanews.ng as Editor. He pride himself as skilled wordsmith with a passion for delving into contemporary political issues on both national and international scale.

Related Posts

El-Rufai: Tinubu’s Govt Most Corrupt, Worst in Nigerian History

LPCF alleges political witch-hunt In El-Rufai’s arrest

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Ojima-ojo The Labour Party Candidates Forum on Tuesday alleged political persecution in the arrest of former Kaduna State...

Ramadan 2026 Begins In Nigeria, Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting

Ramadan 2026 Begins In Nigeria, Sultan Confirms Crescent Sighting

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

Ramadan 2026 begins in Nigeria after crescent sightings, the Sultan of Sokoto announces. Find confirmed start date, what fasting entails...

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

Nigeria’s Telecom Sector Pulls in $392.9m in Nine Months as Regulatory Reset Restores Investor Confidence

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

Nigeria’s telecom sector is back on investors’ radar. Fresh data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that the...

Next Post
Fubara can transact business with 3 lawmakers — Court

Suspended Fubara Urges Rivers to Back Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda

Bauchi Deputy Governor’s Aide Denies Slapping Tuggar

Bauchi Deputy Governor's Aide Denies Slapping Tuggar

Recommended

FHA Mall Debuts in Abuja

FHA Mall Debuts in Abuja

7 hours ago
Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

Nigeria Calls For Accountability, Audit Reforms Across AU Organs

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,074)
  • News (9,647)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform