• Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
NEWSLETTER
Elanza News
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Health
  • Opinion
  • Sports
  • More…
    • About
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertise
No Result
View All Result
Elanza News
Home News

Kebbi Government Announces Progress on Birnin Kebbi Waterworks

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
January 2, 2026
in News
0
Kebbi Government Announces Progress on Birnin Kebbi Waterworks

created by photogrid

0
SHARES
7
VIEWS
FacebookTwitterWhatsappEmailTelegram

The Kebbi government says it has recorded significant progress in efforts to revitalise the Birnin Kebbi waterworks to restore normal water supply to the state capital.

The secretary to the state government, Yakubu Bala-Tafida, disclosed this on Thursday during an inspection of ongoing repair works at the facility.

RelatedPosts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Mr Bala-Tafida said Governor Nasir Idris had constituted a task force to ensure the speedy resuscitation of the waterworks supplying Birnin Kebbi township.

He added that the task force comprises the SSG, the information commissioner, Yakubu Ahmed-BK, officials of the Ministry of Water Resources, security agencies and technical staff of the Kebbi State Water Board.

He said, “We have seen remarkable progress in the effort to resuscitate the waterworks. We will remain on the ground until everything that needs to be done is completed.”

Earlier, the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Water Resources, Isah Arzika, explained that engineers had detected a major burst at the Dukki waterworks shortly after the lifting period on Wednesday.

He said that by the time the engineers arrived, the lifting machines had already been submerged, but swift action was taken to shut them down to minimise damage.

Mr Arzika added that pumping machines had since been sourced and deployed to evacuate flooded areas.

He added, “Fortunately, the evacuation was completed by about 11:00 p.m. yesterday. As you can see, the six intake machines are now visible and no longer submerged.”

ALSO READ:  Gov Sule Approves Release of N1.7 Billion Gratuity For 2012 Retirees in Nasarawa

The permanent secretary noted that a team of engineers was already on site to dismantle the machines and move them for proper drying and testing.

“We are confident that the machines will function properly after drying and testing. Whatever needs to be done will be done,” Mr Arzika stated.

He appealed to the public for patience, assuring that the state government was doing everything humanly possible to restore the normal water supply.

The general manager of the water board, Zayyanu Shehu, also assured residents that the water supply would be fully restored within one week.

(NAN)

Tags: kebbiWaterworks
Previous Post

Kalu Vows to deliver abia for APC in 2027

Next Post

Return the FG N30bn with Interest, Fayose Tells Makinde

Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

Related Posts

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

Ramadan Begins Wednesday as Saudi Arabia Sights Crescent Moon

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  The Supreme Court announced on Tuesday evening that the crescent moon marking the beginning of Ramadan has been sighted...

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

Civil Rights Icon Jesse Jackson Dies at 84

by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
0

  Veteran US civil rights activist Reverend Jesse Jackson died Tuesday, his family said in a statement. He was 84....

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

Abuja church raises ₦2m for 14-year-old author

by Elanza
February 17, 2026
0

By Abubakar Yunusa The Regional Pastor of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, NCR 88, Lugbe, Abuja, Hilary Chukwuma, has...

Next Post
Return the FG N30bn with Interest, Fayose Tells Makinde

Return the FG N30bn with Interest, Fayose Tells Makinde

Bishop of Wukari Diocese Blesses Chief Dr. Bulus Maiyaki, Charges The Tiv Community On Support

Bishop of Wukari Diocese Blesses Chief Dr. Bulus Maiyaki, Charges The Tiv Community On Support

Recommended

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

DHQ to Deploy Special Forces ‘Savanah Shield’ Against Terrorism in Kwara and Niger

6 days ago
Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

Shettima: NextGen Hackathon Key to Nigeria’s Digital Hub Ambition

6 days ago

Popular News

  • Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    Residents flee as flood ravages 10 communities in Kebbi – NEMA

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Library and Information Science, Backbone Of Academic Success – Prof Bunza

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Southern Kaduna Coalition Rejects VP Call For Defence Minister

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • BREAKING News :Shari’ah Council Demands INEC Chairman’s Removal

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Opinion: The Philanthropic Footprint of Engr. Haruna Gimba Ladan

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0

Connect with us

Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube
Elanza logo

Elanza News is your NO 1 online platform for all news update.
#SayNoToFakeNews
Contact Us

Category

  • Arts & Literature (25)
  • Business (817)
  • Education (257)
  • Entertainment (338)
  • Health (238)
  • National (3,071)
  • News (9,646)
  • Opinion (396)
  • Politics (1,920)
  • Science (15)
  • Security (413)
  • Sports (604)

Newsletter

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Science
  • National
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Health

© 2023 Elanza News - The No 1 online news platform