News
Hon. Kana Initiates Construction Of Ondah,Kana,Apawu Road

By Tambaya Julius, Abuja
In a significant move towards enhancing local infrastructure, Hon Onarigu Onah Kana, the dedicated representative of Udege/Loko constituency in the Nasarawa State House of Assembly, has kickstarted the refurbishment of the 25KM Ondah-Kana-Apawu road within Nasarawa Local Government Area.
Embarking on a mission to facilitate the smooth transportation of agricultural yields and uplift the socio-economic fabric of the region, Hon Onarigu underscores his commitment to a promising future for constituents.
As the construction gains momentum, the lawmaker emphasizes that this road rehabilitation will not only stimulate socio-economic activities but will also elevate the living standards of the local populace and surrounding areas.
Expressing unwavering determination, Hon Onarigu assures his constituency of an array of democratic dividends aimed at propelling overall development.
“I am dedicated to introducing impactful projects and initiatives that directly enhance the lives of my constituents,” he affirms.
Hon Onarigu directs a plea to CDC Construction Company, the appointed contractor for the road’s rehabilitation, urging strict adherence to contractual agreements to deliver high-quality work within the agreed timeframe.
Community Support and Harmony
Calling upon the solidarity of his constituents, the lawmaker urges continued support for his endeavors.
Additionally, he advocates for unity and peaceful coexistence among the people of Nasarawa State, regardless of affiliations.
Communities along the Ondah-Kana-Apawu route extend their gratitude to Hon Onarigu Onah Kana for his intervention in repairing the road, a lifeline for predominantly farming communities like Ondah, Kana, Apawu, and their environs.
The gesture comes as a relief for farmers grappling with challenges in transporting their produce beyond the region.
National
INEC Not Partisan In Failed Recall Of Natasha – Spokesperson

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi Central, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan.
The Chief Press Secretary to the Chairman of INEC, Rotimi Oyekanmi, who was on Channels Television’s Politics Today on Thursday, explained how the Commission handled the process.
“In the case of the Kogi Central District, we received a petition and a cover letter and of course what Nigerians were saying was that we were taking sides,” Oyekanmi said on the programme.
“But what happened was that in the covering letter, the representatives of the petitioners did not include their address as required in our regulations and guidelines and what we just did was to ask them to supply their address, it has nothing to do with the petition.
“And of course, there is nowhere in the law where INEC is asked to reject a petition just because the cover letter did not contain the address. So, there was no hanky-panky in what we did.”
Earlier on Thursday, INEC rejected the petition to recall Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan, saying that it has not met the requirements.
The electoral commission said the petition to recall Senator Natasha did not meet constitutional requirements.
Senator Natasha was suspended for breaching Senate rules, prompting some of her constituents to initiate her recall. They claimed the move was to ensure their constituency did not lack representation following the suspension of the 45-year-old senator.
Asked whether there could be a repeat of the recall process, the INEC spokesperson said the law did not specify if the process could be repeated and how many times.
“The law just talks about the threshold, the threshold meaning that if you want to recall, you must have, in addition to your petition, 50 per cent plus one signatures. The law did not specify how many times you can undertake that,” he said.
The lawmaker has made headlines in recent months after she accused Senate President Godswill Akpabio of sexual harassment, a claim the Akwa Ibom lawmaker has equally denied.
She was thereafter suspended by the Red Chamber for violation of its rule of conduct.
National
NSA Hands Over Ex-NYSC DG, 18 Other Kidnapped Victims To CDS

The National Security Adviser, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has handed over 19 kidnapped victims rescued by the security agencies to the Chief of Defence Staff, General Christopher Musa.
The brief ceremony took place on Thursday at the National Counter Terrorism Centre (NCTC), Office of the National Security Adviser in Abuja.
The victims included Ambassador Gideon Yohanna, the former Director-General of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier-General Maharazu Tsiga (retired) who had spent 56 days in captivity and 17 others, including a child.
Both Ribadu and Musa pledged to remain relentless until the criminals are wiped out and normalcy restored in the country.
“As a result of the work of our armed forces and other security services, we are able to rescue and bring back our own people,” he said.
“This time, it involves important personalities who served this country. We thank God for their lives, we are grateful to those who made it possible.
“This is an ongoing operation and we are doing it quite silently, we will go after the bad ones.”
National
INEC Should Have Thrown Out Recall Petition Long Ago — Natasha

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan on Thursday applauded the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for rejecting a petition to recall her as the lawmaker representing Kogi Central Senatorial District.
The female lawmaker, who was a guest on Channels Television’s Politics Today, said the electoral umpire should have thrown out the petition long before it did on April 3, 2025.
“I’m a lawyer. I’m a senator and I understand how Nigeria works. For me, the most important thing is this recall process has been stalled.
“I give kudos and credit to INEC even though I believe they should have thrown it away from the get-go.
“I think it was void ab initio because there is no law in the Electoral Act that says a petition should be discarded just because there is no address but again, what if the address is false?”
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain argued that most of the addresses provided in the petition for her recall were false because most houses in her district weren’t labelled.
“Even though INEC did count 208,000 signatures, I bet you if they had gone into the verification stage, they would have struggled to even have 500 people come out to attest to signing that,” she added.
She accused Senate President Godswill Akpabio, Governor Usman Ododo and ex-governor Yahaya Bello of sponsoring her failed recall.
In a much-awaited statement on Thursday, INEC said the petition for the recall of the lawmaker did not met the requirement of Section 69(a) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).
“Therefore, no further action shall be taken on the recall of the Senator,” INEC declared.